My XRC-2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok took my new xrc-2 out for its first spin and the steering servo packed up whitch caused it to crash into a wall luckely no major damage just the steering servo and the ball tie from my left wheel holding it to the servo (ball tie 1) im now waiting for the new parts i ordered new hitec digital servo with metal gears and the new ball tie o and iv also ordered new raido and transmitter on the 24mhz and a couple of boost bottles to help with the slow acceleration and metal parts fo this buggy that you no would be grately appresheated ty fo lookin and i look 4word to your responses

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so i was looking for a new tuned pipe for this xrc-2 buggy and found it hard due to the manifold faceing down so i came up woth a nice simple way of mounting the exhust in the same place as the baja all u have to do is get a long peice of silicone tubeing leading from the existing exhast to the rear of the buggy and strapi it in place with a few tie raps theonly thing is that u cant us a pipe witch screws directly into the engin u have to get a split exhaust of just cut the end of t that screws in and join them up finally use a metalscrew strap to hold the silicone tube to the new exhaust and ur dun :=) works well and solvse the problem of the down faceing engin.

if the motor is facing down like my on road, then you can use an fg tuned pipe. I just got a hobby pro (fg clone) pipe for cheap... came with header and good performance. just goes down the side

boost bottles are a waste of money. just invest in a better motor eventually

if the motor is facing down like my on road, then you can use an fg tuned pipe. I just got a hobby pro (fg clone) pipe for cheap... came with header and good performance. just goes down the side

boost bottles are a waste of money. just invest in a better motor eventually
the motor is horizontal like the on-roads. i rember seeing one with a pipe, but don't remember what it was. i would think you could use an fg type pype, but not sure. it might get in the way of the body.

Last edited:
ok so here's the pics that u wanted for illestration http://www.mypicx.com/05102009/xrc2/

Last edited:
http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/Pipeous/RC/FG_Car/

there's a couple to show the fg pipe but the hobby pro is much the same, except is has a spot for a mounting wire like the one in your pic. the hp I got from rcnutshobbies. $49 for pipe and header is cheap and gives decent performance. I prefer this style because it's quieter. we ran for over 4 hrs in a lot at the end of a bus depot today and not a problem... then Richard fires up his Baja with a dominator and we all tell him to shut that noisy thing off

ok so i was sent an email bi the ppl i was buying the metal gears from saying that there out of stock and iv looked all ova on the net and cant find them anywere else any help in finding some metal gears for my xrc-2 buggy would be great preferably in the uk but if push come to shove i would order from the U.S. as well thanks guys

hey guys i finally got to take my buggy out for its first propa run in today i haven't yet recived all the parts i orderd but even with just a new spark plug steering servo and new air filter the buggy allready feels a lot nicer to run will keep u all posted and put some more pics up wen iv installed all the upgrades and after market mods ;)

ok so i was sent an email bi the ppl i was buying the metal gears from saying that there out of stock and iv looked all ova on the net and cant find them anywere else any help in finding some metal gears for my xrc-2 buggy would be great preferably in the uk but if push come to shove i would order from the U.S. as well thanks guys

Nitrotek have metal gears http://nitrotek.co.uk/products.php?cat=144

ok so i was looking for a new tuned pipe for this xrc-2 buggy and found it hard due to the manifold faceing down so i came up woth a nice simple way of mounting the exhust in the same place as the baja all u have to do is get a long peice of silicone tubeing leading from the existing exhast to the rear of the buggy and strapi it in place with a few tie raps theonly thing is that u cant us a pipe witch screws directly into the engin u have to get a split exhaust of just cut the end of t that screws in and join them up finally use a metalscrew strap to hold the silicone tube to the new exhaust and ur dun :=) works well and solvse the problem of the down faceing engin.

If you use a FG on road racing tuned pipe it will fit no worries. I up until recently had the XRC-2 but sold it to a cousin coz I upgraded to a FG MT.

I would also recomend you put in a 8,000 rpm clutch spring.

I also had same trouble with slow acceleration, if you can find someone that can make some different gears it should be allot better.

Try Pete from Bad Boy Hobby, he should be able to help you out with a pipe, thats where I got mine from.

Back