Need Advice Converting DBXL-E to MTXL :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim3

I have a hankering to turn my DBXLe into a monster truck.
What would I need suspension wise to do a conversion?

I will gear down because of increase tire size.

Would there be need for hex wheel extensions ?

I think the chassis shorter on the DBXLe and if it is, that wont bother me.
Thanks

Last edited:
mtxl chassis is 22mm longer then the db`s...(y).so both centre shafts r of equal length on the mt.....(y)....thk the arms r the same...:unsure:...but the rims have massive off set to add the mt`s width....(y)....the fr/rear chassis braces r diff to on mt.....(y).......spur is a msssive 67t...o_O...pinny 15t...(y).......shoxs r the same as db .....(y)as r most others bits....(y)...u will need the body mounts aswell (y)...and u will need atleast 10s+ to get it to a decent speed imo.....as its almost 17kg`s in stock form with them huge tyres to get moving...

evssv, thanks for the response(y)

So it is looking like other than the DBXLe shorter chassis, I will be good just gearing down and just adding the MT tires.
You know, the buggy is already fast and maybe with the shorter chassis and high C/G from the big tires, it will be more inclined to give out free wheelies, that would cool (y)
I am looking for more bashing fun from the DBXLe .
I have a gas rovan lt 32 I like to drive as its run times are so much longer.
I hope to get the new Kraken 1/5 VEKTA.5 TSCO Desert Truck in the beginning of next year - hopefully.

I looked around and found the 67T gear, but I wonder if there is a bigger gear than this? I didn't see any.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks