Need Advice please on MCD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fgbaja

I am thinking of buying a New EVO 3 MCD without an engine which I can get a good deal on.
What do ye think or MCD?
Which engine do you recommend. I am leaning towards Zenoah 27cc 4 bolt but open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
D

I like my MCD, but it is a bit pricey new. If you can get a used one that is cool.
About the engine. I was racing a while back with some friends and he had this engine in his hpi baja 5b http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4449/.f
No one could touch him. Anyways, i got it, and i find it to be the best bang for the buck. It fits in the chassis just fine. You do need to make the modification with your dremel underneath, but that comes with all MCD's.

Chris

I'm getting ready to buy my second MCD (rally car) and in my opinion its a good buy but can be a bit pricey. As far as the engine is concerned, I couldn't agree more with what Zouz10 said in the previous post, the 28.5 is the best bang for buck and is the engine that has given me the least amount of problems.

The planetary diff design is a terrable idea, I know I blew out a few. THe stock EVO III diff`s are not tunable with silicone fluid because they are not sealed. Unless you plan on installing LSD diff`s, which are good but very expensive. For a car worth that much money there is a lot of things that should be better. But you have to own one to find these things out, I owned 2 EVO III`s.

My advise is added. Either way, good luck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks