need help. cant find a 49 tooth spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad1161

I see FG has a 48 tooth. cant find the 49 tooth. what should i do? if i go to a 48 tooth what pinion would i need. I just put a new alunimum 19tooth on it.

Hi Brad, generally you're looking at a 'total' (Pinion plus Spur teeth) of 64. This generally permits a good mesh of the gears with the fixed spacing of the gear carrier.

I'm running a 50 teeth Spur on my MT - off internet. I think my total's 65, but don't have a space or meshing problem.

Al.

what pinion gear u running? 15T? you know how the spur gear is two pieces. i rounded the part that goes onto the shaft. i found a alloy type to keep this from happening. id like a new spur gear

Hi Brad, generally you're looking at a 'total' (Pinion plus Spur teeth) of 64. This generally permits a good mesh of the gears with the fixed spacing of the gear carrier.

I'm running a 50 teeth Spur on my MT - off internet. I think my total's 65, but don't have a space or meshing problem.

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks