Need Help / Easier way to Change Clutch Spring

pfrederi

I have clutch springs that break occasionally and I end up buying a whole clutch kit with the spring already installed because i dnt want to go thru the hassle of having to install the stiff spring. I know theres a couple videos out there that are supposedly "easy way" to install the spring but it has not worked for me. Or Im doing something wrong.

Can anyone provide any tips on how to install these springs where i dnt have to spend days trying to get it in there?? Or where i dnt have to try hammering them in to get the spring on the clutch to line up properly?? It would be agreast help!!!

Thanks

Z.hb71

I have clutch springs that break occasionally and I end up buying a whole clutch kit with the spring already installed because i dnt want to go thru the hassle of having to install the stiff spring. I know theres a couple videos out there that are supposedly "easy way" to install the spring but it has not worked for me. Or Im doing something wrong.

Can anyone provide any tips on how to install these springs where i dnt have to spend days trying to get it in there?? Or where i dnt have to try hammering them in to get the spring on the clutch to line up properly?? It would be agreast help!!!

Thanks
You can use a vice or some big ass channel lock pliers. When your doing so make sure you keep it lined up (both the clutch shoes) so it doesn't fly apart. I use a vice becuase it's so much easier.

pfrederi

Thansks Guys appreciate the info.yeah ive seen that video before. Only thing missing is how to get the spring in and lined up. thats proving to be very difficult for me or im missing something.

Do you guys alter or bend the spring in anyway to make it work?? Because i cant get the spring in with both clutch pieces lined up.

Z.hb71

Thansks Guys appreciate the info.yeah ive seen that video before. Only thing missing is how to get the spring in and lined up. thats proving to be very difficult for me or im missing something.

Do you guys alter or bend the spring in anyway to make it work?? Because i cant get the spring in with both clutch pieces lined up.
No bending. I ll make a vid for you on how I do it

cbaker65

How about these tiny clutch shoes & springs!.....LOL....My Hyper 21 with racer edge aluminum shoes!
I stick a small allen wrench in through the shoe hole to hold the tiny spring in the shoe on to the
fly wheel post ,an at the same time ,pry the spring over the clutch nut groove ,it is tough!....:cool:

Last edited:

pfrederi

Hope this helps 👍🤔🙂
Definitely appreciate it Z.hb71 !!
Your spring must be real loose because none of my springs are that loose to where i can just pop them in like that. I have the 8K springs and getting the end hooks in are a pain the a$$. But I definitely appreciate the video man THANKS!!!

crucialRC

How about these tiny clutch shoes & springs!.....LOL....My Hyper 21 with racer edge aluminum shoes!
I stick a small allen wrench in through the shoe hole to hold the tiny spring in the shoe on to the
fly wheel post ,an at the same time ,pry the spring over the clutch nut groove ,it is tough!....:cool:

Gotta have the right tool for the job...

Attachments

Z.hb71

Definitely appreciate it Z.hb71 !!
Your spring must be real loose because none of my springs are that loose to where i can just pop them in like that. I have the 8K springs and getting the end hooks in are a pain the a$$. But I definitely appreciate the video man THANKS!!!
no problem!!!!

man i hated nitro clutches!! such a pita without the right tool which @ the time i had no idea that a proper tool was made