Need Help with my RCMK XCR-1000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichieRacer

hey guys my Rcmk has been having a few issues, some that I think some of you might be able to help me with. one of the boots that overs the cvd or dogbone by the wheel keeps getting twisted up and looking stretched out, I can get it back looking normal but it keeps on happening any idea what could be causing this?

also my last run a had a bad flip and the servo (savox) seemed to slow down a lot, it still turned just not as fast. haven't run the car again since because of time but could the servo have over heated causing this or did I just kill the servo?

Maybe the receiver battery took some damage? I'd carefully inspect that, especially if Lipo....The cvd boot likely has grease on just one end of the boot so the centrifugal force makes it slip, while the other end grips, makes it kink......You can either clean both ends or more likely to fix it, just swab each end liberally with grease on the inside, that way they both work free.....give it a try.

went to inspect boot it was ripped in half replaced with new one easy fix, battery is fine servo died on me today and I took out my lower rear arm.... broke front arm 2nd day out they both separated around the hole where the king pin goes, funny thing is they look fine but put pressure on them and they split, sucks that I'm kinda stuck with using rcmk arms I think there is a design flaw with them or I'm just too hard on it driving it... I don't believe the dbxl arms fit

Thinking about buying one what are your thoughts?

its a good car its a bit heavy compared to dbxl, but overall im happy, its built better then a stock dbxl but less parts...

issues I had with throttle arm and steering arms they strip easy I replaced them with a savox arm and a losi 5ive throttle linkage arms... uses the same servos as the dbxl and losi 5.... I bought it from ddm when they first got it I bought many parts from them when they had to order them from Korea they are not stocking them which is a big plus

A guy I race with just picked one up and the thing is cool! Plastic on it seems pretty stiff though. He broke a front arm in same spot as you first day out. I think the plastics may need to be boiled. If your unfamiliar it softens them up so they have more flex instead of being brittle.

From what I've read might need to boil the hole car
Before they put it in the shipping box I know of two that came out of box broke
That same part [emoji90]

What parts did you stack up on. Just checked Dave's Discount motors rcmk part list. There's a lot of parts that's out of stock should I wait before ordering one. Don't want to be waiting on parts.

What parts did you stack up on. Just checked Dave's Discount motors rcmk part list. There's a lot of parts that's out of stock should I wait before ordering one. Don't want to be waiting on parts.

I bought like everything lol front and rear arms, hubs, the stiffer shocks, boots that go all around.

I only broke the arm and that was from a dbxl crashing into it head on at a angle (dbxl bumper into rcmk arm) we where both going kinda fast had a go pro in the rcmk when it happened... stripped the stock servo arms but replaced them like I said steering is using savox arm cut down and throttle is a a hybrid losi 5 arm

I to like the look of the buggy cars and I built a 5DBXL and problems solved
No more broken drive shaft pins and it's got the look I like
Now the downside it's not cheap $320 for the kit to change it plus the cost of a 5ive
But you won't break it and it is fast so for me all is good [emoji457][emoji469]

Sounds good!!.. it's between the rcmk or the mcd w5 sct... leaning more towards the rcmk due to the fact I have a losi 5t, mcd v4 competition monster truck and mcd rr5. Two hpi baja s, one redcat rampage mt.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks