Nutech GT5-R Mustang Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PonyXpress

I just purchased a used Nutech GT5-R Mustang, but it's missing the manual. Any chance anyone has a copy of the manual?

I also need to replace the shocks. Do they still sell the FG shocks that some people used on this car?

The tires also suck, so I need replacement ideas for those too.

Thanks!

Awesome, thank you! Do you happen to know the FG model they copied to make my car? I see there a few different FG models out there.

I'm assuming I would order parts for the 2WD Onroad?

fgmodels.JPG
Thanks again!

Last edited:
2 wheel drive on road.
On road shocks, tires,etc
Their like a Evo clone,they look pretty good,you could mistake with an Evo with the right pieces. Lots of aluminum.
I think you have square hubs,so fg will work or F&S and others.
I couldn't find a manual for you.
There's a lot of changeable parts with various similar cars.
Post a picture,I'd like to see it.
Evssv,

Last edited:
Thanks guys! So to confirm, I should look for FG EVO parts for my car, and not the Marder, is that correct?

I will post some pics soon.

I would like to buy the following parts for my car:

-Fuel tank
-Fully assembled front and rear shocks - best ones for on-road
-Front foam bumper, including the 4 screws
-Air filters - primary and secondary, including air filter housing
-Fully assembled either chrome or all black metal wheels with good on-road tires already mounted if possible.
-Receiver battery. My car didn't come with one and inside the receiver box has only the receiver. Not sure what battery would even fit in there. I see in the video you posted that the battery is on the side, outside of the receiver box.
-I would like to know what bodies would fit my car too. I like the Ford Mustang body, but mine is damaged in a few places and they don't sell the Mustang body, or at least I could not find one.

Many thanks guys!

Your car is a on road car,marder is a offroad buggy- not the same class of vehicle.
I said your car is a copy of a fg evo.
Shocks and tires Will fit from fg,not sure about gas tank and other stuff. Your going to have to do some research and find a replacement or mod one that will fit.
You can try:
FG sportsline,Carson, lauterbacher and Smartech,nutech and a few others that have parts that probably might fit.
it's a matter of mix and match if you can't find original.
Most 530mm bodies should fit
EBay has various parts here and there.

I've given you some names of other brands to get you going but you have to do some work yourself,so you can get to know your car.

If you need more help,lmk but after you research some,I'm not going write you a list of where to find everything.
(Don't have the time)
Good luck.?

Google : NUTECH GT5-R

Thread here has some pictz and info.

*NUTECH* GT5-R has arrived.
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/8994957-*nutech*-gt5-r-has-arrived.html

Mustang body here:

http://www.jhchobby.com/ecommerce/nutech/car-bodies/1-5-bodies/051700-car-body.html

http://www.jhchobby.com/ecommerce/s...-body/056012-1-5-scale-on-road-body-ford.html

Last edited:
Thank you very much sir! You've helped me a lot, as now I know what to look for. I really like that red Mustang body, already ordered it!

I got the tuned pipe from JetPro and I love how the exhaust goes out the back. Of course it looks much better with the body on.

Attachments

• IMG_4138.jpg
    IMG_4138.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4139.jpg
    IMG_4139.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4140.jpg
    IMG_4140.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4141.jpg
    IMG_4141.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4142.jpg
    IMG_4142.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 23
Hello Striikar - the jhchobby site is up, but they never processed my order, tried calling them, emailing them, no response. Perhaps they are out of business, just a fyi.

Please do let me know if you can find that red Mustang body any place else.

I've found spare parts for the shocks I have and some other stuff, so making some progress. :)

many thanks again!

flo6468 in ebay returns zero results
vxperformance123 says he is sold out of all parts for my car :(

Bigrcmodels has some items but their website is jacked up. I can select a few items but when you click on Checkout, you will get link not found. I've left them 3 messages and sent them two emails - no reponse.

Not having much luck.

Any other sources that you guys can think of would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I just checked and here's a item he's selling.
Go down to "about" and find "other items" - That should bring up his stuff.
EBay is weird sometimes I can only access things from web version that don't show up in app.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283518968642

I checked the link and it works,it for rear lower alloy arms.
Also try searching: Nutech

With that said,now you see why the person probably sold the car.
Getting+finding parts sucks.
What at the start seems like a bargain,turns out to anything but.
It's difficult and usually expensive to fix older rc's.
Some things take a ton of time and luck finding. I've spent years looking for parts worldwide and at great expense.
A lot of times you can use parts from similar cars,I gave you some but there are others.
You'll have learn and figure that all out.
Try contacting nutech,you never know.
Unfortunately this is something that can take a long time to achieve finding what you want.
Read lots of old posts from anywhere you can find for info or tips. Follow any leads even in foreign countries because you never know what you'll find.
I do it like a lot of others.
I'll keep my eye out for you,good luck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks