Need New Pull start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyline373

My CY pull starter is crap obviously from the get go, held up about 10 tanks total so far and now it needs a rebuild. I see that DDM has the metal piece for it, has anyone used these? Do they sell a rebuild kit for the pull starter or a complete assembled one with the upgraded metal piece installed?

Also, has anyone used the Rotostarts and if so what has been your experience with them. I guess I wouldn't mind dropping the money if it's worth it.

Thanks for the feedback or links in advance guys! :w00t:

After some use the pull start gets dirty and sticky. A good item is a outerwear's pull start cover, it will keep it cleaner longer. A cleaning goes along way. The only difference between the plastic and metal pawl is the metal one will not snap. I have a metal one in all my pull starts. Make sure when you reinstall the set up you do not tighten it too much. It needs some play to move freely.

Can't say enough about DDM. Ordered the pullstart assembly, two actually just in case. Ordered at 2pm est which is noon there? Either way, fedex overnighted for cheap at my doorstep in 15 hours from Utah I believe to Florida. Gogo FedEx and DDM. Pullstart works great with the metal insert. Thanks again.

the alloy pawl is good "but" it does /and will wear down your flywheel in the long run and will end up slipping.. I hand this happen before.. I will the just made that plastic part??? why has not anyone remade that?

I'm cheap. I wait for them to come up for $10 on deal of the day and stock up. also use nylon rope to rewrap mine as gas doesn't affect that like the cloth ones.

Ordered a 2 pull starts from DDM with metal pawls and a cover. No issues what so ever now. They all need to come like this factory. Thanks for the replys guys.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks