Need soldering iron suggestions please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.hb71

Build Thread Contributor
well i bought a cheap radio shack soldering iron and needless to say its crap. so i need a new one. im not looking to spend over 35 bucks at the moment, so whats some decent soldering irons for under or 35 bucks? i do plan on buying a expensive one in the future but at the moment im pinching pennies for my engine build. im currently looking at the Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station (damn right i copy and pasted that)

well i bought a cheap radio shack soldering iron and needless to say its crap. so i need a new one. im not looking to spend over 35 bucks at the moment, so whats some decent soldering irons for under or 35 bucks? i do plan on buying a expensive one in the future but at the moment im pinching pennies for my engine build. im currently looking at the Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station (damn right i copy and pasted that)

the Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station is the same as I use but its rebranded as draper/silverline here in the uk.

its perfect for what I use and you can alter the temp. I would recommend this. the only downside is that it only comes with a pointed soldering tip but works well.

the Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station is the same as I use but its rebranded as draper/silverline here in the uk.

its perfect for what I use and you can alter the temp. I would recommend this. the only downside is that it only comes with a pointed soldering tip but works well.
Does it get pretty hot? Cuz I don't want bad solder joints on my ignition cuz that could be a problem ?

Weller makes a 40 watt non-adjustable iron. This is the new version of the one I have. It gets hot enough for what you want to do. I would reccomend a bigger station if you plan to do a lot of soldering. I have a older weller station. Its pricey but works great. Down below is the newer version again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181204-143746_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20181204-143746_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20181204-144116_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181204-144116_Samsung Internet.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 7
Weller makes a 40 watt non-adjustable iron. This is the new version of the one I have. It gets hot enough for what you want to do. I would reccomend a bigger station if you plan to do a lot of soldering. I have a older weller station. Its pricey but works great. Down below is the newer version again.
Should I just get the adjustable one? I mean it's not much more.

I never had the need for an adjustable one till I started messing with circuit boards on some of my compact and micro helis. They have some tiny wires going to the board for the tail motor and what not.

I never had the need for an adjustable one till I started messing with circuit boards on some of my compact and micro helis. They have some tiny wires going to the board for the tail motor and what not.
Yeah I probably don't need the ajustability, I just like the on/off switch and the stand and the little cleaner sponge thing.

Cant use that over here anyway its 230 volts we got 120. And believe me an 80 watt weller will light up your package just as good as that 100 watt will lol
Depends. I use Novak silver solder on my rc stuff. I use a flux pen. It's a no residue type. I'll take some pics of my stuff when I get home for ya.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks