Need some general help with Rovan 45cc baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikoz

Hi all,

Sort of a novice at this, bear with me.
1. I need to replace a knuckle arm that connects to the rear sway bar. It connects the lower A-arm of the rear suspension to the rear anti-sway bar. It's a knuckle connection on both ends. Only problem is, this part doesn't seem to appear on the exploded parts diagram, in fact, I can't even find a sway bar on the parts diagram. I can attach a picture if needed.

2. how do I lube the diff and shocks properly?

3. I guess you really need to use threadlocker on everything... everytime I use it, even gently, stuff falls off. The first thing that fell off was the exhaust pipe where it connects to the exhaust port of the engine. What's a good kit that has the best variety of replacement bolts/clips/etc?

4. the steering has to be trimmed to R55 just to drive straight, it was like this out of the box, and seems abnormal. Should I be correcting the actual steering itself of trimming it?

#3 I would only suggest blue loctite on metal parts and screws...ive seen loctite used on plastic parts with metal screws and it ended up cracking the plastic . #4 you need to adjust the tie rod on the servo arm if you are trimming it that much .go back to 0 on the radio and try to center the steering the best you can then trim as needed

Hi all,

Sort of a novice at this, bear with me.
1. I need to replace a knuckle arm that connects to the rear sway bar. It connects the lower A-arm of the rear suspension to the rear anti-sway bar. It's a knuckle connection on both ends. Only problem is, this part doesn't seem to appear on the exploded parts diagram, in fact, I can't even find a sway bar on the parts diagram. I can attach a picture if needed.

2. how do I lube the diff and shocks properly?

3. I guess you really need to use threadlocker on everything... everytime I use it, even gently, stuff falls off. The first thing that fell off was the exhaust pipe where it connects to the exhaust port of the engine. What's a good kit that has the best variety of replacement bolts/clips/etc?

4. the steering has to be trimmed to R55 just to drive straight, it was like this out of the box, and seems abnormal. Should I be correcting the actual steering itself of trimming it?

Yes, I know there are more expensive options that probably have better quality, this is just a small hobby for me and I picked up one of these on a sale last year. I did read that you should loctite stuff on this ready to run unit, amd clearly thats good advise.

Yes, I know there are more expensive options that probably have better quality, this is just a small hobby for me and I picked up one of these on a sale last year. I did read that you should loctite stuff on this ready to run unit, amd clearly thats good advise.

Mine started life as a Rovan also . I was just trying to give everyone a laugh. These guys won't steer you wrong on what to do . Loctite is a must. And Rep732 answerd your question about your trim issue. I can't help you with the swaybar issue because Mine didn't come with swaybars. If you haven't downloaded a HPI 5B manual I would highly suggest it . It will give you the part numbers for all the parts in the buggy including the swaybar parts. ?

Thanks. i found the part on the HPI 5B parts diagram. I guess Rovan makes changes and doesn't update the manual.

well,for me, this isn‘t a serious hobby, and I got a big discount on the rovan. I didn’t want to spend any more I knew this going in.

does hpi’s RTR kit have everything thread locked?

So then their kit would likely also shake apart some parts until it is thread locked.
as to the broken part on the rear sway bar, I broke it, it wasnt the fault of rovan

I can vouch for lost hardware...out of the box I lost the screw that holds the steering servo arm onto the servo. And had the clutch bolt back out and this is a losi 5ive t 2.0....seems like in today's world its max profit with poop products

so my other quetions ...
1. how do you properly lube the diff and shocks? Does this involve unassembling them?

so my other quetions ...
1. how do you properly lube the diff and shocks? Does this involve unassembling them?
There's 2 parts to lubrication for the diff.. the outter lube is a grease..i use red automotive grease. And 2 theres an "inner" lube which is silicone fluid with varying viscosity depending on how you want both rear tires to act. Less viscosity = 1 tire will tend to grab more than the other and higher viscosity will act like a locker for the diff..And yes you have to disassemble

Only thing to "lube" on the shocks is the fluid in them, which doesn't really go bad per say. And they need disassembled to change the fluid as well.
not a bad idea to change fluid if its been in there for a awhile..ive had some 10+ year old cars that had about half the capacity and grey beat up fluid in it

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks