New 2 LS Forums & Thought I Would Share Mine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northwoodslivin

Hey guy's

Just joined this place as the person I purchased this beast off of told me about this site. I thought I'd share a few pictures of my Marder. This is my first Gas RC. I've been out of the hobby for 12 years and only had nitros back in the day, this thing is all new to me. Currently having binding issues with my TX/RX Spektrum DX3S and SR300 that is in it "got a replacement SR300 on the way and a fellow bringing one by tonight off of another site to test" Hoping to have that issue fixed soon! :)

It's got a CY 29cc motor with a 2mm stroker crank, race ported with billet head, just rebuilt with 1.5 tanks through it so I guess I need to be a little easy on her for a couple more tanks huh?

Pix
DSCF0184.gif
DSCF0190.jpg

DSCF0188.gif

Welcome to FG central bud, you're in good company here with your car - it would help a massive amount if you go to your user cp and fill in your location, then should you feel the need to ask anything it'll help people direct you better.

Mike

I just got this guy the other day. I spent the whole night last night trying to get my TX and RX to bind "Spektrum Dx3r and SR300" well had a member off of another forum I am on here locally come over as he had the same radio and receiver "the odds eh?" so we tested his receiver with my radio, no dice..wouldn't bind, then tried his radio with my receiver and bam, binded right away... so my radio is frigged up, buddy had the Lipo pack in it and he converted it back to the AA tray before bringing it to my place.. Well anywho it wont bind and I looked at the solder job and redid it and nothin..

Good news is, the member on the local forum loaned me his Dx3s so my buggy seems to work just haven't driven it yet, guy that lent me his radio has a baja and we're gonna do some running around in spots he knows, plus he wants to take me to the track in strathroy.. I've never raced on a track before, just bashed around town, so for sure wanna get used to this beast and have everything adjusted right before doing something like that :eek:

I ran it out in the backyard on a bucket for about 5-10 minutes and it runs mint. It's got a fresh rebuild "piston,2mm stroker crank, race ported and billet head "and it only has a talk and a half run through it so far. I know two strokers are different when it comes to break in, do I break it in like I would a dirt bike? just be easy on it and short blips and don't hold er down for a few more tanks?

I also have a Killer Bee in it, I need to get a Y harness so I can have use of the front brakes as those are on it's own servo. I haven't driven it yet. Was too late in the night by the time I got all up and going and what not.

Ok I am ranting lol. Going to be trading that screwed up radio for a Futaba 2.4ghz TX/RX
If I have any questions, you are the guy's I will be coming to to ask! :)

Last edited:
Well I think tomorrow I am going to take her for it's first run.
I got a BEC for it and a 3 cell Lipo 11.1v good to go, got talked into the awesomeness of the new Lipo's well I guess they been out a bit now but I've never used one or think they we're even out when I was last into RCing.. almost good to go... almost... a guy on another forum I am a member of in London "London, Ontario Canada not England :p"that owns a track here in London, he noticed the bushing was shot for the shaft for the rear brake. So I have no use of my back brakes, but I got the front disc brakes all adjusted ready to work, so hopefully that will be enough for some easy riding for now.

Any thoughts on the rear brakes guys? I know you all here own one so if anywhere, this is the place to ask :)

He said I am going to have to rip apart most of the rear, take off the pipe and all... err

Guy's I think I might be onto the rear brake problem... is the disc/rotor supposed to spin freely when I move it with my finger and just it and not the actual shaft? it's spinning on the shaft, isnt there like a hex type drive nut that locks onto the lay shaft and into the center of that rear disk brake so it doesn't spin on the shaft?

Welcome to the Nut house...

the disc on the lay shaft has a bit of rattle sort of side ways but should not spin on the shaft as that renders it useless..If you have the later rear disc set up ..as in the 97 then you should have a grub screw to tighten down on the shaft stopping it from spinning...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks