New Aluminum gear case does not have lip. Is this the norm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasserbob

IMG_5024.JPG IMG_5023.JPG Hello

Could someone please chime in and take a look at this new Aluminum case I got for my Rovan?

I was about to put it together and noticed it does not have the lip on the inside to prevent the gear grease from slinging out.
The old plastic case does have the lip and I thought forsure that the New Aluminum case would have a lip.
IMG_5022.JPG
Also the new aluminum case will not close all the way and I do not want to over tighten the screws to get it to close..

Any suggestions?

Did I get a bum failed CNC case?

Last edited:
Ok

Thanks for the advice, im returning it.

What about one of the Alum cases on ebay? $74 bucks and has the quick diff cover?

Attachments

• alum case.jpg
    alum case.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 5
Integy, turtle racing it's all the same:joyful: it really depends on what you want. shelf queen to impress your friends and neighbors, or a properly built rig that can run reliably day in day out.

hhmm...i wouldn't class integy case with turtle tbh.....yes there the same but c`mon we know what integy is=cheap ally bits 99% of the time...:rolleyes:.....heres my tr case after diff explosion....:eek:20160830_170145_zpssi8zjofu by evssv, on Flickr
20160830_173005_zpsmnrlddpr by evssv, on Flickr
itt shattered the gear+the bearing ring....20160830_180635_zpsauz8h40g by evssv, on Flickr20160830_180846_zpsok2nyiye by evssv, on Flickr
but i did manage to get the case almost bak to normal...20160830_183658_zpsiiokaav9 by evssv, on Flickr
20160830_183647_zpsl6k66rqd by evssv, on Flickr
plus it took teeth off the big diff gear....
20160830_180904_zpswf2asg25 by evssv, on Flickr
cleaned up like new
20160830_183626_zpsvjdg5jee by evssv, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cool

Yeah
Im looking at Integy on Ebay and they sell it out of a place in Minneapolis Minnesota called Custom Hobbyz for $74 Bucks and has free shipping.

Or Amazon has the same one for $102 plus $8 bucks shipping from Integy in California.

I
hehehehee

:cool:

Man thats a lot of Grease in there.

Looks like the bottom part of that lip is broken. But otherwise looks like it held up really well.

Yes

Amazon has a bunch of them and some are for type 3 gear and type 4 main gear.

Im guessing they are referring to the gears coming off the clutch.
2speed gears and 3speed is what I am thinking.

Guess the 2 speed set would have a different shaft but IDK.

I cant navigate DDM for poop.

I click on 1/5th scale 5b parts then I click on parts by function and there is nothing for transmissions that I see.
Have also tried typing in 5B gear case, 5B transmission case, 5B case in DDM's search box.

Nadda

No luck

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks