New Baja owner in Texas...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carzan

Hi Guys, I have just ordered a Baja 5b SS for me and my son to knock around at the RC field. We fly Helis and are fairly well aquainted with RC but don't really have much knowledge when it comes to RC Cars. Also we are completely nitro with our helicopters and haven't ever fooled with gas engines. So I may need a bit of enlightenment from time to time.

I got a friend of mine at a heli shop to order me the Baja. This may take a while as they seem to be on backorder right now. I feel like I made a good decision in choosing the baja and would like a bit of confirmation of that from some of you guys that are in the know. My goal was to not repeat our helicopter antics by starting small and spending what seemed like an endless stream of cash constantly upgrading to the bigger better deal. I just wanted to get a BIG car that we would be satisfied with for a long time to come.

Oh and I have to say, I'm REALLY EXCITED about this!

well, you should be excited and so should the boy. the 5b is by for the best out there. best product support and aftermarket is like no other. its just like anything tho. its not perfect. you'll find what needs to be upgraded or you can just ask, but opinions may vary depending on the amount of abuse by any given owner. by far the best choice out there in my opinion.. its great to support the hobby shop, but for some reason, they do take forever and they have never saved me a dime. hpi's arent on back order. it always seems like hobby shops are second class next to the on-line sponsors. i'll order a stock part from the hobby shop and it takes 2 weeks. i order an out of stock part from ddm and its at MY door in 4 days. go figure
good luck, great choice.. but the only way you will enjoy this is if you like driving more then tuning. but hey, if 5 minute run times and tuning is your thing, then fine. but if you think a bashing session should be 4 hours long and nothing but radio time then your in the right spot, though you might be wrestle'in with the boy for the wheel. might wana get another one

I would say you've done the wrong thing at 1st again......

You should have bought two.

After a bit of thought I've decided
You're right. So I called back and added a second! I'm such a sucker!!!

Welcome to LSF mate and i think the heli will be on the shelf from when you get the baja...lol...

Even though I know the Bajas will be a ton of fun, I also know this just won't happen. My son is a Team Pilot for Outrage and is also sponsored by other companies so he has to keep flying!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks