New Charger......What do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfy

What charger are you guys using? The charger I got with my fg is a protech multi 6 but the top charge rate is only 500mA which takes approx 10hrs to charge my 4100mAh battery :yawn:. This is no good for an inpromptu bash with my mates & needs forward planning :no:

This seems a reasonable price & charges at 5A so I would be up & running in 2hrs :clap:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=32523

Anybody got 1 or have any experience with 1? Basically are they any good? Suppose for that price it worth a shot!

It is slightly cheaper at Rossendale Models so will be getting it from there but they don't have a pic of it (BTW they are doing free delivery for all orders over £50 for those of you who live out of the area :cool2:).

i use el-cheepo tricle charger, which takes about 16 hours. but I have two 3200mAh packs. I prefer this as I can have a full days running n the two packs, provided i don't go out to play the next day.

One thing I would recommend is a battery charger that will cycle NiMh batteries if that is what you will use. I cant keep them from screwing up over long times of non use - Ya, I know just don't take long times between usages.:laugh:

BTB - I just have the 1 pack at the moment (4100 nimh) & its out most weekends. Will this be ok or do you mean less frequent use ie left unused for weeks / months? What happens to the cells - do they not hold charge as well as they should?

Well let me address the Nicad & Nimh Batteries..these battries have a memory effect
run the battery ..then top it off..run again top it off..They will not be full charged..
You need to condition these barreries.....You have to drain then total no life left in them
recharge them again...do this 3 times before you use them..and do it ..every once in
awhile ..so they will take a full battery charge.....Batterys will loose there charge just sitting and not being used...I think CSP1971 has a photo of a light bulb hook up
used for discharging the batteries............
The 4100mah battery you have ..you can get by ok setting the charger at 3 amp charge
takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour to get a full charge...........
This just my opinions here on this subject...slawhammer

Thanks for your help guys. Modelsport do a battery conditioner for less than £10 so might buy that as well. Cheap & cheerful :clown:

i got a Thunder Power TP601 charger in a deal a few months back. this charger rocks. they sell for around 120ish and do Life, LA, LIPO, NICD/MH and a few others. up to 6S.

ive got a duratrax intelipeak charger thats left over from my electric touring car days. its served me very well, im looking to replace it with a hyperion 0606I. way overkill for a 1/5 scale battery pack, but i have a crawler thats in need of lipo, 3 nitro car receiver packs, transmitter pack, glow starter, ect.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks