New clutch springs and pipe

Bluetickduke

Got the dominator on. Got my 9k clutch springs installed. Didn't notice much of a difference on take off to be honest.. I haven't really messed with the needles too much other than making it a little richer cause of my new exhaust.

Here's video lemme know whatcha think 🤔

https://streamable.com/osudbm

Z.hb71

Well used 🐓 Harvester😳
Build Thread Contributor
Got the dominator on. Got my 9k clutch springs installed. Didn't notice much of a difference on take off to be honest.. I haven't really messed with the needles too much other than making it a little richer cause of my new exhaust.

Here's video lemme know whatcha think 🤔

https://streamable.com/osudbm
Clutch springs won't effect the top end or tune. They only effect take off rpm. For a pipe you would need to retune

Seandonato73

The carb doctor👨‍⚕️
It seems pretty decent to me as far as launch. It is normal to have to tweak the carb a bit after a pipe. Need to get her some room and get it to wot for a bit to see if high speed needle is set right

Bluetickduke

Ok ok attack me at will I'm at the mercy of the court..

How the HELL do I tune this? I've watched so many videos and it's like oh yah I'm too lean or too rich here's a small turn and BOOM it's like a rocket.

I can tune a nitro for DAYS and never need a temp gauge. I can always tell by the sound when it's too lean., plus if my Nitro is too lean it will not shift into 2nd or 3rd gear so that's a really good sign as well.

I can't do that with my losi! I have no idea if I'm too lean I can only tell too rich cause it bogs out.

Helppppppp

Z.hb71

Well used 🐓 Harvester😳
Build Thread Contributor
Ok ok attack me at will I'm at the mercy of the court..

How the HELL do I tune this? I've watched so many videos and it's like oh yah I'm too lean or too rich here's a small turn and BOOM it's like a rocket.

I can tune a nitro for DAYS and never need a temp gauge. I can always tell by the sound when it's too lean., plus if my Nitro is too lean it will not shift into 2nd or 3rd gear so that's a really good sign as well.

I can't do that with my losi! I have no idea if I'm too lean I can only tell too rich cause it bogs out.

Helppppppp

Bluetickduke

I hear zero underwater gurgle sound
You need a big space👍🏻 accelerate get to top speed when it too rich it will gurgle. start at base settings H1-7/8 L1-3/8
If it gurgles turn back the high 1/16 until the gurgle stops and it starts popping 👍🏻 I always set mine just before the gurgle 👍🏻
Thanks man guess I'll have to hit the park

Bluetickduke

Yah I seen that. I dunno. I guess I haven't ran it lean enough to really tell 🤣🤣 what are some other indicators besides temp as far as running lean? My primer bulb is all the way full. I've leaned up my high and low needles by about 1/8 turn and that's all I've done out of the box

Z.hb71

Well used 🐓 Harvester😳
Build Thread Contributor
Yah I seen that. I dunno. I guess I haven't ran it lean enough to really tell 🤣🤣 what are some other indicators besides temp as far as running lean? My primer bulb is all the way full. I've leaned up my high and low needles by about 1/8 turn and that's all I've done out of the box
No smoke And makes a kind of cuting out sound (idk how to describe it). Temp isn't something you should go off of with a 2 stroke, as sometimes they could appear to be running hot with a temp gauge but as long as it has a good annountt of a smoke and sounds fine, then yours probably ok.

Bluetickduke

I don't really have much smoke.. Lol I run 32:1 and I use Lucas 2 cycle. I have some I guess but it's not like my nitros where I have a definitive line of smoke during acceleration
Are these motors easy to run lean on accident? Imma punch a kitten square in the face if I blow this motor 👊

Seandonato73

The carb doctor👨‍⚕️
You need some room, tune it till its pig rich, it should 4 stroke, and smoke like heck. Now go run it some more, back the high needle off till it burbles a bit and the rpm comes up. Just a tad of smoke. Is ok. This should get you on the side of rich safe setting. Then go run it, it needs a few tanks till it completely breaks in.

Bluetickduke

I've ran almost 4 full tanks through it. I'm getting ready to hit my favorite dirt lot and see what I can figure out
You need some room, tune it till its pig rich, it should 4 stroke, and smoke like heck. Now go run it some more, back the high needle off till it burbles a bit and the rpm comes up. Just a tad of smoke. Is ok. This should get you on the side of rich safe setting. Then go run it, it needs a few tanks till it completely breaks in.
What did you mean by it should 4 stroke?