New FG BAJA KIT Coming in March

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Hey guys I heard that there is a new Baja Kit coming out with a 4WD system.
It will be plastic no alloy parts on this one but the price will be good.

I have a feeling Fg did this to put Mcd out of their misery.

How will the 2000+ mcd compete with the Fg 4WD at 1200 RTR ? It will have the new 270 4 bolt motor as well , belt driven

What do you all think ?

cheers

95184780.jpg

I'm sure its a great way to get it into peoples hands.
Not sure it will put anymore stress on any of the manufactures that the world economy isn't doing already.
I hope that it doesn't have a high failure rating with the plastic vs alloy.
I'm sure it will be ok with many of the parts being plastic a lot like the MCD. I do hope they learned there gear lessons with the other models and make sure to keep them alloy.

RC-CAR-ONLINE Plastic 4wd Baja Here.

2009 Catalog HERE Page 10.

Here are some swipped photos from another site:

ToyFair_2009-7054.jpg

ToyFair_2009-7055.jpg

By the way they are also coming out with the other 4wd's in plastic also.

ToyFair_2009-7056.jpg

bigger

Thanks Bigger that is some nice info.
I think the plastic will be fine . Fg plastic is just as good if not better than Mcd .
I got both and it should be a great buggy.

I think 8 out of 10 would get the FG now if you do a survey on the toppic .

the only part that is better on Mcd is the mid engine that is all.

I am getting one and am pretty sure it will be WAY WAY more efficient than the mcd baja is . That is a given.

Keep the info coming if anyone has any more.

cheers

I would not convery my MB PRO to 4wd, but the thought of what FG is doing interest's me. I would go for the competition though, I like aluminum, and if you add up all the upgrade's there aren't any to do on the Comp. It is nice that they are producing a RTR, but I like the build, and that is another reason I am going to get a 4wd competition kit.

I don't know what to think about the weight balance, and weight distrobution, I guess only time will tell, I think it is going to be a major issue.

I can't imagine it will have any more problems then the other plastic 4wd models? I guess there is always going to be the weak spots to upgrade so its dependable but, once those are fixed it should be good to go. I know that the few upgrades I did to the 2wd MT make it dependable. Sure I would like the aloy everything else but, not sure it would make it any more dependable? If the plastic 4wd is like 12-1300 and the comp is 21-2400 then I can see it being a good seller like the others models doing it. Only time will tell.:)

249 euro for the kit...about $315US
the 4wd rtr is now available at hobbythekhttp://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lshop,showdetail,28058,e,1235327616-28058,,fg_baja_4wd,,,.htm

I'm sure this will sell in large numbers in Europe...FG have yet to really open up big sales in N.America...maybe this model will help.
I'm with clubin, I'm currently saving the $4000CAD for the baja comp (man our exchange rate blows)...I bought the 2wd and upgraded to nearly all alloy...would have been way cheaper to buy the alloy comp in the first place...gonna save myself the hassle this time and get the upgraded version striaght off the bat.

I think the weight dis will be about 50/50 with the extra diff up front...should make for a sweet jumper

Last edited:
This is what I was waiting for since I won't drive my Cleon in the snow.:no:

I've been building the 4wd Baja comp model and the parts are the same but in plastic. This will save alot of weight and let the consumer change what they want. An all aluminum 4wd is not necessary. A few changes here and there and you're fine. They were able to keep the price down with things like:
Stock red shocks,
Dogbones and not ball drives
regular diffs and not 8484's
stock single rear disk brakes
Plastic gear carrier. :no:

Plus you have choices of bodies,painted or unpainted and rtr or kit without radio. Byt the fall we will see some reviews on it and then the rest of us can make a decision on how many to buy. :clown::clown:

I like the beetle body myself but the Baja would be great with less wind resistance.

For all the info you need check out hobbytheks site (rc-online is the same) You can download the 250+ catalogue where you can see all the choices they have.

Last edited:
300 bones for the plastic? How much for the alloy then 1,000 clams? Sorry for the 70's lingo...

Trip..

I don't think an alloy kit will be coming...fg already sell all the alloy bits you need but it'll cost you more than a grand to go all alloy, the front diff case is $400 by itself (it's come down in price by $100 though) then you got hubs, diffs, rear bulkheads, servo saver, arms, gearplate, shock tower and shocks, engine mounts, steering arms and radio tray

i don't think this 4x4 is worth the bother,i can guarantee a 2wd fg will go most places a 4x4 will go.

front end of these cars are light anyway,i personally don't think they are worth the cost being honest.

for that price i would rather put few more pound together and buy another 2wd one lol either on or offroad..

if you own a 4x4 then i suggest having a right good place to be able to run/test it first,most people i know are limited to there local parks.

well except me lol

easy: where are you getting those prices?

The competition MCD race runner is much cheaper than your listed $2k and the 4wd FG is around $1k.

The actual prices of the 2 are very close EVO3 to the FG 4wd.

The only MCD that has a stupid price is the new ultimate model when it comes out. The others are very reasonable priced.

dc I'm saving for the 4x4 baja comp w/hydros...pricey but has every upgrade from fg....I wont be selling my 2wdbaja though...I like my 2wd cos it's more demanding to drive fast and jump but I also like 4wd for the big powerslides round corners...it'll be sweet with 4 truck slicks on and the 2 speed for tarmac duty:cool2: 4wd is also more controllable off jumps though with hydros fr and rear I can control my 2wd way better than before.

yes mooman i agree

it will perform better over jumps alright,i am considering either the cleon or an fg comp mt or an fg evo 08 onroad.

its my 30th in may and my girlfriend said its my choice i can decide,i cant decide,i have the beetle allready and have everything i want done to it,also i have the carson onroad,i have a big place to run the onroad whenever i want so i may just go for another onroad.

another fg is actually pointless it will have nothing extra only 4x4 and it doesn't have the elcon drivetrain which is essential if you ask me from my experience,mine is much better to me now...

might go for another onroad,over 3000euro for the comp evo 08 fg onroad hydros front and rear with all alloy and will have the blueprinted race ported 750euro cad engine/maybe 3500euro

but this is top of the pyrmid for onroads.

was considering the comp f1 also/ahhhhhh cant make my mind up.

guarantee you will see something awesome in may from me lol

how does the 4wd kit compare to the 2wd for drag racing in parking lots with fg trucks or buggies?

will i loose or gain speed?

i am sure it will get better traction but just want to know if i will loose alot of speed by putting in a 4wd kit

You will go slower with a 4wd than 2wd due to power loss in the transmission. If you drag race stick with 2wd. If you don't already have one add a 2speed.

Hey zip here's a thought..ok the 4wd drive will rob power but the 2 speed can be made to fit, if you ran 14 tooth layshaft with 48 diff and 48/16 1st and 44/20 second I think it'll fly...maximum traction and geared for dragging...a good torque pipe too like a ddm dom

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks