New from Rovan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the mcd xr5 comp to upgrade it with alloy gearboxes front and rear mcd brand £400 hinge pin brackets front and rear £100 clutch bell holder £150 front and rear chasis braces £240 decent exhaust £150 ish center diff holder £113 brake plate £55 thats the cost of parts if your getting an mcd get a factory spec or ultimate not comp as their parts are expensive as fiddlestick and those parts are necessary on the other hand the rovan comes with a few alloy parts that mcd will not include in the comp version or even in the factory version the rovan is a better deal for the price but... its a clone so it should be a bit cheaper than it is just for that reason im 100% sure it will handle just like the actual mcd does plus u will have less parts needing an upgrade and before you say it yes area rc and other third party companys do make parts for mcd cheaper than mcd parts cost so if you buy an mcd get top spec ..
Ive gone from mcd to losi because of affordability and losi parts are everywher new or used plus the 5t is a tougher platform mcd chasis flex easily so upgrades are a must unless u got £$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$ to keep throwing away when you shouldnt have to for the price u spent lol but they handle sooo damn good like they got autopilot lol
I had the mcd xr5 comp to upgrade it with alloy gearboxes front and rear mcd brand £400 hinge pin brackets front and rear £100 clutch bell holder £150 front and rear chasis braces £240 decent exhaust £150 ish center diff holder £113 brake plate £55 thats the cost of parts if your getting an mcd get a factory spec or ultimate not comp as their parts are expensive as fiddlestick and those parts are necessary on the other hand the rovan comes with a few alloy parts that mcd will not include in the comp version or even in the factory version the rovan is a better deal for the price but... its a clone so it should be a bit cheaper than it is just for that reason im 100% sure it will handle just like the actual mcd does plus u will have less parts needing an upgrade and before you say it yes area rc and other third party companys do make parts for mcd cheaper than mcd parts cost so if you buy an mcd get top spec ..
Ive gone from mcd to losi because of affordability and losi parts are everywher new or used plus the 5t is a tougher platform mcd chasis flex easily so upgrades are a must unless u got £$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$ to keep throwing away when you shouldnt have to for the price u spent lol but they handle sooo damn good like they got autopilot lol
The rovan also comes with alloy diff towers centre alloy clutch bell holder tuned pipe alloy shocks there might be more now to get the mcd closest to the rovan price you don't get any of that not even a decent exhaust and just for those parts your talking 200+if u buy mcd branded

Ohh it has pure grade chinesium 'alloy' parts. Well in that case... LOL.

And they would actually be a downgrade .
Well some people are just idiots like you i guess proper peepeehead you are .. not gonna argue with you or idiots like you what the fiddlestick is chinesium peepeehead rovans and king motors don't fall apart unless in the hands of a certain type of idiot and in the hands of those idiots anything will fall apart

Ohh it has pure grade chinesium 'alloy' parts. Well in that case... LOL.

And they would actually be a downgrade .
sorry tj but hes right becuase the alu that rovan/km uses is like 6061 or 5052, mcd uses 7075, much better that's why china alu is so cheap vs mcd aluminum, sure the mcd stuff is still extremely expensive but its a stronger grade aluminum. now im not saying rovan vehicles are bad, i have one and its been great to me (except for the engine), didn't fall apart, but in my opinion the are charging way to much for this clone

Be greatful for the clones not only do they save you money they make things affordable for more pekple looking to get into the hobby some people just have no respect for the hobby and are killing it slowly with discouraging people from what they can afford to spend

Be greatful for the clones not only do they save you money they make things affordable for more pekple looking to get into the hobby some people just have no respect for the hobby and are killing it slowly with discouraging people from what they can afford to spend
no no no don't get me wrong, im glad rovan and king motor exist, they have gotten so many people into the hobby and are very good for the price, they have pretty much revived the Baja platform, but this one costs way too much, its not worth it to me when the real mcd with better quality parts is not too much more.

sorry tj but hes right becuase the alu that rovan/km uses is like 6061 or 5052, mcd uses 7075, much better that's why china alu is so cheap vs mcd aluminum, sure the mcd stuff is still extremely expensive but its a stronger grade aluminum. now im not saying rovan vehicles are bad, i have one and its been great to me (except for the engine), didn't fall apart, but in my opinion the are charging way to much for this clone
They are charging way too much and using lower grade alloy but... the quality of the alloy doeant mean its going to fall apart or break i had a rovan baja everything was alloy turtle racing and rovan that thing was built strong only thing that ever broke was the chasis and the irc shocks not one part turtle racing or rovan ever let me down and i ran that thing like it wasnt mine crashes jumps etc my mcd also had a few rovan parts and area rc and the amount of times i had to repair it never once had to replace a piece of rovan alloy or area rc just the mcd parts and what im trying to say is for the price of the aftermarket alloy from rovan and area rc you cannot go wrong the rovan f5 chasis is actually harder to flex than the mcd chasis that says something id rather have a fully upgraded mcd with mcd parts but i wouldnt be here discouraging people from buying what they can get their hands on if i listened to all that poop i wouldnt be in the hobby and i wouldnt have a rovan engine alot of people judge a product because its a clone even if they haven't had one to try out or just because they had one that was bad i had a samsung s10 that was faulty i got it exchanged and its fine you don't see me putting everyone off them and saying get an iphone just saying

They are charging way too much and using lower grade alloy but... the quality of the alloy doeant mean its going to fall apart or break i had a rovan baja everything was alloy turtle racing and rovan that thing was built strong only thing that ever broke was the chasis and the irc shocks not one part turtle racing or rovan ever let me down and i ran that thing like it wasnt mine crashes jumps etc my mcd also had a few rovan parts and area rc and the amount of times i had to repair it never once had to replace a piece of rovan alloy or area rc just the mcd parts and what im trying to say is for the price of the aftermarket alloy from rovan and area rc you cannot go wrong the rovan f5 chasis is actually harder to flex than the mcd chasis that says something id rather have a fully upgraded mcd with mcd parts but i wouldnt be here discouraging people from buying what they can get their hands on if i listened to all that poop i wouldnt be in the hobby and i wouldnt have a rovan engine alot of people judge a product because its a clone even if they haven't had one to try out or just because they had one that was bad i had a samsung s10 that was faulty i got it exchanged and its fine you don't see me putting everyone off them and saying get an iphone just saying
not saying its gonna fall apart, I'm saying they are charging a very similar amount for a lesser product than something that is better (mcd), that's not saying that the rovan will fall apart, I'm just saying they are charging too much and i would rather have the real deal mcd. also if you can save up 1250, im sure you can save a little bit more for the mcd, its not like their baja, people who can save up 450 for a rovan baja most likely cant save 1200 for the real baja, too big of a price gap, but someone who can save 1250, can most likely save a bit more to get a mcd because the price gap isnt alot, if that makes sense.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks