New FS racing 1/5 scale Will not start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonnyMc

Hello everyone
Im new here and new to 1/5 scale buggy's

I've bought a FS racing 1/5 petrol buggy
I've mixed the fuel at 40ml oil to 900ml petrol *tank was not full but would not take any more without having to tilt the buggy* the mix should be 25-1 by the manul
I've then primed the Carb intill there was fuel in the carb bulb + a small air bubble
Choke on my carb is in the *down postion*
I've pulled the starter 3/4 times SLOWLY to allow fuel into the engine *to give it some oil*
I've then pulled the starter 3/4/5 times fast/hard with no engine POP or choke POP * i don't understand that part* *engine not trying to start at all
I've try again to check for fuel Primed + try again to choke pull the starter + unchoke and the engine still would not start

The fuel is afew months old..., It does not smell like varnish

I've taken off the carb to check for the Gasket is the correct why around, I've checked the fuel lines are the correct way around

I've taken out the spark plug and checked for spark *it sparks every pull*
With the spark plug out, The spark plug has ignited some fuel while at the spark plug hole

I've Taken out the spark plug flipped the buggy upside down to check for flooding, + pulled the pull starter *very very small amount of fuel came out*

I've pull the started with the spark plug out to check for fuel spray *there is a very small amount fuel spary coming out of the cyclinder*

Im at a lost at the moment, its read alot of forms about to common problems

I know the problem can be

Bad fuel
Bad spark plug
Air leak

Thanks Sonny

Hello everyone
Im new here and new to 1/5 scale buggy's

I've bought a FS racing 1/5 petrol buggy
I've mixed the fuel at 40ml oil to 900ml petrol *tank was not full but would not take any more without having to tilt the buggy* the mix should be 25-1 by the manul
I've then primed the Carb intill there was fuel in the carb bulb + a small air bubble
Choke on my carb is in the *down postion*
I've pulled the starter 3/4 times SLOWLY to allow fuel into the engine *to give it some oil*
I've then pulled the starter 3/4/5 times fast/hard with no engine POP or choke POP * i don't understand that part* *engine not trying to start at all
I've try again to check for fuel Primed + try again to choke pull the starter + unchoke and the engine still would not start

The fuel is afew months old..., It does not smell like varnish

I've taken off the carb to check for the Gasket is the correct why around, I've checked the fuel lines are the correct way around

I've taken out the spark plug and checked for spark *it sparks every pull*
With the spark plug out, The spark plug has ignited some fuel while at the spark plug hole

I've Taken out the spark plug flipped the buggy upside down to check for flooding, + pulled the pull starter *very very small amount of fuel came out*

I've pull the started with the spark plug out to check for fuel spray *there is a very small amount fuel spary coming out of the cyclinder*

Im at a lost at the moment, its read alot of forms about to common problems

I know the problem can be

Bad fuel
Bad spark plug
Air leak

Thanks Sonny
id start with new fuel and spark plug. the spark plug in the cheaper models like fs,rovan,king motor, ect can be off brand clone junk so id get a proper ngk cmr7h plug and some new fuel. hope that fixes ur problem

id start with new fuel and spark plug. the spark plug in the cheaper models like fs,rovan,king motor, ect can be off brand clone junk so id get a proper ngk cmr7h plug and some new fuel. hope that fixes ur problem
Hello Z.hb71
Thanks for the fast reply

Im not sure how to despose of the old fuel.... i cannot just dump it on the grass
where will i be able to get rid?

how old was the fuel??and have u chk'd u gota good spark?
Hello

if you have read my first post

My fuel is afew months like maybe 6-8 months i used it for a minimotor
I have about 3/4 liters left ina jerry can

when i've had out the spark plug to test for spark, when it was at the spark plug hole for the cyclinder it would ignite the fuel inside the cyclinder... and a good fire ball will come out

At the moment its sat without the spark plug in, hoping its just flooded but i oready ruled that out, but it wouldn't hurt

my bad?...yeah as said fresh fuel and a ngk plug.?..but u can still chk for a spark now to rule that out?

I've had the spark plug out several times while in the process of trying to start it...

it sparks every single pull, of course a smaller pull would make it spark less

Easy there sparky . :ROFLMAO: My Rovan came with a NGK.
Do you have a gas lawnmower . It will burn it . Double check your coil gap with a business card or the proper feeler gauge .

I've got a feeling that the spark plug just does not work under compresion
When pulling the pull start nothing happens
cannot hear the engine trying to start what so ever
I know its getting fuel, I've had the fuel spray out from the cyclinder when i took out the plug before

And i don't own any gas powered garndening tools

I have a new Losi 5T that refused to crank the first time. I finally got it to crank by holding the throttle wide open. If finally started and now it will crank right up.

Good luck.

I have a new Losi 5T that refused to crank the first time. I finally got it to crank by holding the throttle wide open. If finally started and now it will crank right up.

Good luck.
Thanks for your post

I've oready tryed 1/4 , 1/2 and even full throlle aswell
I've tryed even putting full no oil'd petrol into the spark plug hole stright into the cyclinder

Im just going to wait afew days.. get some cash and get anew plug and fuel

Thanks for your post

I've tryed even putting full no oil'd petrol into the spark plug hole stright into the cyclinder

Try a squirt of starter fluid.
If she fires then dies screw the idle screw in a bit

Thanks for your post

Whilst your waiting leave the spark plug out, it will definitely be flooded from all the failed attempts to start.
When you do get the new plug start the engine without the choke?

Hello peeps,

I've oready tryed L / H needles to the standard settings, H 1 1/2 turns outL1 1/4 turns out

I've also Before messing with the needle settings, just turning out the L needle 1/4 to allow to fuel in,

But nothing as normal

I've order the NGK spark plug today... it will come in afew days all i need todo now is walk 1.5miles to the gas station for fresh fuel in the rainy ass weather, fun times in the UK

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks