NEW HiLantronics Hercules HLT6000WP and HLT4000WP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoduh

I did not know HiLantronics started making servos.
Price point is $159.00 US. that sits in between the Hitec D840/845($99.00) but closer to the Spektrum 9020/9010 ($189.00)

HLT4000WP High Torque Digital Servo -
<<< New Product >>>

Hlt4000wp.jpg

The HLT4000WP High Torque Digital Servo -

Designed and Manufactured in Australia.

Unbreakable fully billet casing, waterproof*, 15T gear teeth, heavy duty metal gears, high quality coreless motor, smart digital signal controller with Led status signals for diagnostic, quick disconnect servo lead, current limiter and over temperature shut down if servo ever got stuck to prevent the controller board from being burnt out, automatic shutdown if no RX signals present.

Servo require 3 to 5Vdc square wave pulse. Pulse duration is from 0.9mS to 2.1mS with 1.5mS as center. Servos can be operated within a 6V-8.4V. range. The Black wire is 'ground', the Red wire ( center ) is 'power' and the third wire (white) is 'signal'.

• LED Signal Status:

• - Green Flashing: No Radio Signal / Inactive
  • - Red Flashing: No Radio Signal / Low Battery / Inactive
  • - Green ON: Active
  • - Red ON: Low Battery voltage (Below 6 Vdc)
  • - Red/Green ON: Safe Mode (Current Limited)
* Servo is splash- and water-proof, but submerging is not recommended.

HLT6000WP High Torque Digital Servo -
<<< New Product >>>

4.jpg

The HLT6000WP High Torque Digital Servo -

Unbreakable fully billet casing, waterproof*, 15T gear teeth, heavy duty metal gears, high quality coreless motor, smart digital signal controller with Led status signals for diagnostic, quick disconnect servo lead, current limiter and over temperature shut down if servo ever got stuck to prevent the controller board from being burnt out, automatic shutdown if no RX signals present.

Servo require 3 to 5Vdc square wave pulse. Pulse duration is from 0.9mS to 2.1mS with 1.5mS as center. Servos can be operated within a 6V-8.4V. range. The Black wire is 'ground', the Red wire ( center ) is 'power' and the third wire (white) is 'signal'.

• LED Signal Status:

• - Red ON: Low Battery/ Current limit mode/Low Battery voltage (Below 6 Vdc)

1538710898570.png

1538710981990.png

Last edited:
Interesting servos, but the weight and price made me look at other options. S9020/9010 are half the weight. HS840/845 are two ounces lighter and 30% cheaper.

I did not know HiLantronics started making servos.
Price point is $159.00 US. that sits in between the Hitec D840/845($99.00) but closer to the Spektrum 9020/9010 ($189.00)

HLT4000WP High Torque Digital Servo -
<<< New Product >>>

Hlt4000wp.jpg

The HLT4000WP High Torque Digital Servo -

• LED Signal Status:

• - Red ON: Low Battery voltage (Below 6 Vdc)
  • - Red/Green ON: Safe Mode (Current Limited)

HLT6000WP High Torque Digital Servo -
<<< New Product >>>

4.jpg

The HLT6000WP High Torque Digital Servo -

• LED Signal Status:

• - Red ON: Low Battery/ Current limit mode/Low Battery voltage (Below 6 Vdc)

View attachment 46744

View attachment 46745
dang those servos are monsters!!

Seems the hs840/845 are the choice for bashers due to price and the SGT1000/1005 is the choice for hard racing for long life. You don't see much about the S9010/9020 either anymore.

True, but long term I think the SGTs are a decent value, My buddies have all been through several 845s while I have been using the SGT1000 for five years now.

I have several buddies who run the hercules servos and love them. They are extremely well built and priced very well for what you get. They are heavy for sure, but not enough to see any difference in how your rig performs. Plus they have a chip in them that shuts the servo down if it loses radio connection or starts getting to hot, which in turn saves your servo.

I am in the market for three servos to go in my MTXL. I usually use the Hitec d845wp because it is a pretty strong servo. Although I am seeing some play in the one I have in a DBXL-E. On the Hitec site they have noted the gear sets are not available and have to be serviced by Hitec, so if it's older than a year old you have to pay for parts and labor. The Spektrum S9020 by torque numbers is a beast which led me to buy one for my single servo Rampage MT. That servo lasted six months and led me to be quite impressed with it till I rolled it one day. I stripped the main gear teeth. So I found a replacement gear set on ebay. I ended up stripping that servo three times total before I went to the Hitec D845 for in it. Now I am rebuilding this MTXL and want beast servos that don't look horrible like the new Hitec D845 do. So any feedback on the Hercules HLT 6000 WP would be much appreciated. Thanks- Gorley

Buy the spectrum (y)
I broke the s9020 three times. It sits on my work bench now
Definitely go with the hilantronics. Owned both, spektrum one is alright but more expensive and not as good.
Thanks. I just couldn't bring myself to spend all that money on the Hercules. Wish I could, but cant. Got three Hitec d845wp coming from tower hobbies with a $50 off coupon. Not bad at $83 a piece

I broke the s9020 three times. It sits on my work bench now

Thanks. I just couldn't bring myself to spend all that money on the Hercules. Wish I could, but cant. Got three Hitec d845wp coming from tower hobbies with a $50 off coupon. Not bad at $83 a piece

Damn Gman, share the discount code with us junkies. This would be the perfect excuse to order more parts :cool:

Damn Gman, share the discount code with us junkies. This would be the perfect excuse to order more parts :cool:
I am on the Tower Hobbies super saver club. For $9.99 a year you get free shipping and tons of coupon codes. Unfortunately the code in non-transferable. They have it linked to my email and I get emails periodically with codes and promotions. If you haven't became a super saver club member I recommend it. I buy alot of electronics there. They are one of few who carry Futaba. Sorry man!!!

Thanks. I just couldn't bring myself to spend all that money on the Hercules. Wish I could, but cant. Got three Hitec d845wp coming from tower hobbies with a $50 off coupon. Not bad at $83 a piece[/QUOTE]

Hell you cant beat that man. I am currently running the hitec servos also. No issues, ran many before and for the price they are hard to beat. 20181217_165717.jpg

Thanks. I just couldn't bring myself to spend all that money on the Hercules. Wish I could, but cant. Got three Hitec d845wp coming from tower hobbies with a $50 off coupon. Not bad at $83 a piece Hell you cant beat that man. I am currently running the hitec servos also. No issues, ran many before and for the price they are hard to beat. View attachment 48277
Why don't you update your old thread for this build anymore? Really want to see more of this badass truck

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks