New Losi 5T 2.0 V2 owner Need help with kill switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surmanm

Hello All,

Mike here the new owner of a Losi :) I am looking for some advice and clarification regarding a Kill switch and compatibility.

I have the following transmitter-receiver.
Spektrum® 6200A DSMR 6-Ch AVC Surface RX
DX5 Pro 2021 5-Channel DSMR

I want to install a kill switch for obvious reasons yet when I reached out to Horizon about using their Dynamite 1240 kill switch and its compatibility this was the response I got

"The Kill switch will work with the AVC receiver, it just won't have the failsafe option. To have the kill switch work in failsafe operation then you would need a SR315 or SR515 and would lose AVC "

my question is why would I not want both a kill switch(manual via remote) / failsafe I was under the impression the fail-safe shuts the engine off if the radio link is lost or a power failure occurs. Is there a way to keep both options without losing the AVC technology seems kind of odd to me why its designed in such a way that you lose functionality unless I am misunderstanding something?

As a side note can anyone recommend a way to find places nearby in New Jersey area where I can safely take the RC car out .

Thanks in advance for the help

The killswitch will shut the engine off if there's loss of signal, low battery etc etc. It will be fine, you'll be fully protected

The failsafe is intended for brushless rigs mainly, or with gas rigs without a remote kill switch, but will only protect signal loss. The way they responded is just misleading actually

Thanks, Gavsta72 ,got it so just stick with the Dynamite 1240 kill switch no need to buy the more expensive fancey ones Super bee, MOD.

Thanks so much for the explanation about failsafe.

I thought I read somewhere that we couldn’t use the 6200a receiver with the Dynamite kill switch? And test the fail safe—you absolutely want the engine cut off if you lose signal. Not sure that happens with the 6200a…

Last edited:
Sorry to leech into this thread, but had some problems setting up my dynamite, on facebook groups the helpful reply was to buy a superbee, not really that helpful.

So I have a Spektrum 6200a and dx5C, I bought the Dx5c in the hope it would fix my problems with the extra 2 channels of the transmitter compared to the Dx3 I had bound it to originally (came with me SBR2.0 - was rude not to try it :D).

I can turn on the ignition and off from the transmitter with one of the switches no issue, and the failsafe brakes work perfect but I damned if I can find a way to get it to turn off the ignition when you turn off the transmitter, default ignition is OFF when you turn it all on at the car etc.

I had read about the AVC needing to be off, but wasn't sure if this remained a problem or not of if I made a booboo when installing ?

Sorry to leech into this thread, but had some problems setting up my dynamite, on facebook groups the helpful reply was to buy a superbee, not really that helpful.

So I have a Spektrum 6200a and dx5C, I bought the Dx5c in the hope it would fix my problems with the extra 2 channels of the transmitter compared to the Dx3 I had bound it to originally (came with me SBR2.0 - was rude not to try it :D).

I can turn on the ignition and off from the transmitter with one of the switches no issue, and the failsafe brakes work perfect but I damned if I can find a way to get it to turn off the ignition when you turn off the transmitter, default ignition is OFF when you turn it all on at the car etc.

I had read about the AVC needing to be off, but wasn't sure if this remained a problem or not of if I made a booboo when installing ?
Hi, I’m new to this scale rc. I don’t have a answer to your question however, I’m curious if the kill switch was successfully compatible and working as expected? Also, did you loose AVC functionality? Thanks!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks