New Losi dbxl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shayno

Just picked up a Losi Desert Buggy XL. Got her broke in and running decent. I really like it so far, have 3 tanks through it. It is a strange thing coming from nitro or electric to gas cars. It is deceptively fast.
I'm pretty happy with the simplicity of the who setup, coming from gasser and nitro 90 size helis!
I am happy with mid and top end power, but it seems low end is pretty sluggish.... Anyone put it a top end kit yet?

Mine did The same last week once horizon has them back in stock I'm going to file a warranty claim... In the meantime I found one on ebay that's in route... did u have to lean your hsn out to get it to run good?

Mine did The same last week once horizon has them back in stock I'm going to file a warranty claim... In the meantime I found one on ebay that's in route... did u have to lean your hsn out to get it to run good?

Yes i had to lean my way out, I'm still getting smoke. not alot of smoke but that's because its cold outside .about 14f. The engine is only running about 130f, I would like to get it to about 230 where it will perform better. I'm thinking about rewelding mine temporary...

Just call horizon they will send you new one they are very good about that it's a stamped part and it was not hot enough when they stamped it cold fracture

And while your at it find you some 5000 weight diff fluid almost 4 bottles of it for shocks that's what it takes to get shocks to be almost right I'd love to try 6000 in mine but it's hard to find

Got my rig up and running. I went ahead and just found pins the right size and welded it up. The joint is nice and snug, hopefully it lasts until I get one from horizon.
As far as diff fluid, I want to make the diffs as stiff as possible. So will 5k work?

He's referring to the shocks not the diffs. The shocks are a different type than what the 5ive uses and the DBXL shocks use diff fluid. I haven't seen a discussion on diff fluid....yet.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks