New Member. New DBXL-E 2.0. Broken wheels on first run.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentdogbone

Hi all,

New to the large scale game but not new to the RC world. Been in the hobby off and on since the early nineties.

Bought myself a new DBXL-e 2.0. First run was Saturday. It was fairly cold. Running it all stock off 8S. Ran great for 15min, then the session ended abruptly when the left rear wheel came off and the front right front cracked. I knew, from YouTube vids, that the wheels were a bit weak, but I didn’t expect this off regular bashing. No jumps and didn’t hit anything.

Based off this forum I went ahead and purchased some 5ive-t wheels. I’m a bit skeptical as the are Losi as well. But hopefully the different design is much stronger.

F16D8BD1-9D86-4E70-885C-5D392A1430F9.jpeg
799BFF28-3C62-491E-BC68-7F8D3CD54474.jpeg

also complain to horizon about grub screws being loose and losing them. They always send extra stuff when you complain to them.

No they do not. They are actually lighter than the stock setup. You just need a better servo as the stock one is weak anyways.
Do you know if those wheels would work with my dbxl 2.0 gasser? Is the mounting all the same and what other parts might I need to do the swap?

Do you know if those wheels would work with my dbxl 2.0 gasser? Is the mounting all the same and what other parts might I need to do the swap?
Yes it will also fit the gas version. No other parts needed for swap. Just remove your stock and install these.

They do come with blue adaptors but that is only if you installing it on an xmaxx.

Never ran them without spacers but you shouldn't need them. Most of the dbxle owners install spacers anyways as the car is not wide enough from the factory.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks