New servo- Bluebird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sperera

My new servo came in today from hobby city. looks very nice, like the way its been packaged. Going to try it on my MT and if good get another one to repalce the HS645 in the Baja.

Last edited:
I don't know why you'd start this thread without providing information.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9440

Its a bit slow, but might be fine for your application, I have one on the way for my 1:8 crawler steering.

I've also been using another bluebird servo (10.2kg, 0.12sec) in my light weight 1:8 monster truck, seems quite good.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9443

some people give the bluebird servos good reviews, other people say they're rubbish, so I figured I may as well give em a try.

its probably the minimum torque I'd want in a 1:8 truck, I planned to use two in my Savage Flux ;)

I don't know what people normally run in 1:5 petrol, never really looked into it!

I'm running two HS-805BB (25kg/cm) in my 1:5 monster truck :p

but apparently they break in Bajas.

I'm running 2 Rhinos in my FG MT and in my 1:8 Raminator I've fitted 2x Airtronics Monster Torque (that's 2x 423 oz in !!!!!).
They're quite fast for their torque as well.

I need to rewire the FG MT appropriately to accommodate the Rhinos - it's also using 2x Savox 1256TG's !!

That's enough torque!! :clown::clown::clown::devil2:

I don't know why you'd start this thread without providing information.

Ah I suggest you read my original post on this thread. Just to inform people of what I bought, try it out on my MT and if good get one for the baja.

Im not trying to sell these nor am I going to get any kickbacks the more people buy them so im not intersted in the slightest on providing more info abou them. I just wanted to test one myself and share the findings.

As for the servo ive been waiting for my 996 to die but it doesn't look like its going to do that in a hurry so ill pull out the 996 during the week and test it on the MT over the weekend and post my findings.

Thats to the stock brake set up on the FG's you need a decent torque servo to pull and the brake, the hitec 645 is not up to this job at all!

I understand that you're reviewing a product, but if people don't even know what the product is, then the review serves very little purpose.

A link, or even a part number would have answered this problem :)

I just received my BMS-660DMG+HS servo today, I assume this is what you have, however, you never provided any part numbers, so I can't be entirely sure.

I'll see how it goes in my crawler anyway... but I hate crawling...

yeah fair point a part number or something should have been included.

i finished installed the bluebird into the MT last night, wont get a chance to test it until weekend though thanks to it getting dark so early this time of year.

ok finally got a chance to run the beetle with the new bluebird servo as the throttle/brake servo.

overall this is the strongers fasters servo ive run in the MT. Its super quick (well heaps quicker than the 996MG and hitec 645mg and the torque is awesome, i can actually lock the rears on any surface, something ive never been able to do previously.

I ran it in some very wet conditions straight out of the box and thanks to my brilliant controlling I managed to find the deepest puddle which was more like a pond. didnt miss a beat overall.

ill continue testing and post here if it fails or glitches in anyway.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks