New super diff review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorraine

First off you need a IRC CNC Diff cup set and ONLY USE THIS KIT ONLY!!! and a new set of HPI diff gears and do not use clone gears or results will not happen. Build the diff dry and use the sealed bearing in shaft bores and see if you can add one shim one each end that comes with kit , If not leave out for now. Next fill 1/2 the diff with peek metal polish paste and bolt halves together without gear on and chuck up on one drive cup and keep the main body from spinning and run in one direction for 20mins at very low RPM, Stop. clean out the now black compound and clean. refill with fresh and bolt back up and now run the other way for 20mins at low RPM,Stop. clean out again but this time add shims to both halves to almost lockup ruff turning when dry fit and refill with fresh compound and bolt back up and run in at 10mins this time at ultra low RPM , clean out, add fresh and run it at 10mins going other way, stop. now on this tear down keep track what gears and plates came from where and clean perfect. knock out bearings and o-rings and toss in trash . again clean, clean, clean. Now use the bushings and new o-rings when building this time and not bearings use the shims that you used during burnish run in and build diff dry . It will feel wicked tite but smooth . Now here is the kicker as now fill the diff 3/4 full of John Deere hy-guard hydro oil !!. with the gear pack now burnished in to ultra close fit you can now use thin hydro fluid and it will gear pump like it has thick diff snot. The nice thing about hy-guard oil is it has a wetting agent in it to shed heat to housing and a anti-foam to keep the action the same from the start to finish of run. Again only use the IRC kit and true new HPI gears and you will be amazed at the results and how well a diff SHOULD work with the right fit and thin oil.........

So it begins....... I’m going to burnish the gears and take before and after shots. I’m not bothering with the John Deere stuff though, I ain’t buying 5 litres of diff oil.

I’ll be putting 10k Core RC silicone or one of lighter fluids in.

Pain in the arse now though because I’m going to have to strip the truck again to fit it. Even tough I’ve got a quick diff I’m going to take it apart again I can’t help self. Plus I’ve got a few more things I want to fit and try.

take your time with the shim fit and don't push it on run in's. The key to make this work is letting the PEEK work slowing and burnish into the tightest smoothest fit and changing out shims to bring IN the fit..............

what the average guy drops is the fact that every .0005 off of a tapered gear pack clearance is a HUGE increase in oil pack up. surface increase is the key to squeeze thin oil through the same place!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks