New to 1/5th scale Just Bought Losi DBXL need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnaugle775

Hey guys just bought a new Losi DBXL I have heard some stories about loose parts. Can I get some advice on what needs to be loctited straight out of the box. I want to get to it before I even put gas in the tank.
Thanks in advance J

Tear the whole thing down imo. The diffs need checked to make sure they are full. The CV shafts can actually be booted everywhere except at the brakes use loctite liberly in the keeper screws and still expect them to come loose. buy spares from FLM they are a much better design. If it's a k&n filter I would suggest changing it out for a 2 stage foam style. A alloy top plate, and chassis braces should be high up in the list for upgrades as well. Please post your thoughts in how it jumps. We have some varying opinion on what causes them to fly like bricks in stock form. My issues went away with a shock upgrade. Some claim chassis flex.

Locktite all the drive shaft grub screws, make sure the flats line up with the grub screws,
Make sure the servo saver is set with a bit of give in it,
then drive it like you have stole it.
Save up to replace plastic with alloy when it breaks.
Most of all have fun

Ends up like this
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7806/46928464981_ad9890fbae_k.jpg

The answers to your next questions are
1 extra strong shock springs from DDM and 6 or 7 K shock fluid
2 Alloy gearbox cases front and rear
3 FLM drive shafts front and rear
4 Zenoah G320

Cheers
Dave

Attachments

• 1570040625599.png
    1570040625599.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Or save up and throw those junk shocks out and get 5ive t front shocks for all.around and convert. Best upgrade you can do imo. Besides the normal weigh shock oil. They preformed so much better it's hard to explain. It made mine a totally different handling rig.

Hey guys just bought a new Losi DBXL I have heard some stories about loose parts. Can I get some advice on what needs to be loctited straight out of the box. I want to get to it before I even put gas in the tank.
Thanks in advance J
I call my dbxl (titan)cause am always having to tighten stews up,esp driveshafts,,just have a good eye over it every few tank fills,get a better exhaust too,,,am looking for a bigger engine now but don't no what to use ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks