New to Bajas, couple of questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BajaRojo

Hey guys hows it going?
so after about six years in the hobby i finally got around to picking up a 5T.

nCs3m2r.jpg

Got an awesome deal on the truck, already have my oil/gas ready at 25:1 and my lipo for the electronics. other than a brief stint with a brushless savage

converted to 5th scale, this is my first real step into the 5th scale world. so naturally I've got some questions. first, The truck came installed with an integy

aluminum steering bell crank. everything looks solid/installed correctly but the end of one of the steering arms is contacting the back of the lower A arm. i

googled this and turned up nothing. here is a shot of it below....

F9zy3k0.jpg

so faulty/wrong part? not installed correctly? i know integy stuff is hit or miss but i've heard nothing but good things about there 5th scale stuff.

next up, kill switch. 30lb truck doing 40mph these are pretty much a nesscessity from what i've read, my question is i'm using a a flysky GT3b 3-channel tx/rx

combo. so if i have a throttle/steering channel and a channel for the kill switch is there anyway i can run my lights an control them remotely? i know they have

splitters but wouldn't that pretty much run the lights the whole time until i hit the channel for the killswitch? how do you guys get around this?

and last i've got the instruction manual but is there a quicker way to access the steering bell crank without taking the whole front end apart? Thanks in advance for everyones help!

Set your end points so your steering stops before it hits.. It's a common problem that can be fixed with your radio.. Looks like a sweet rig.

Only been in 1/5th for 5 month's myself so this might be a dumb question.......... The only guy I know who has a lipo on his 1/5th had to buy high voltage servo's too. Is your lipo a higher voltage and possibly overvolting the servo's which will in turn burn them out? Or possibly you thought about this and bought one the same voltage.

i have one of those steering servo savers it does hit the frame had to file down part of the metal on the arm where it bolts to clear.
also my sprng on it, didnt last very long so imo i would go out an buy a tr servo saver .
as for ur battery do make sure ur servo is a high volt i made that very mistake 3 throttle servos and 2 steering later

i have one of those steering servo savers it does hit the frame had to file down part of the metal on the arm where it bolts to clear.
also my sprng on it, didnt last very long so imo i would go out an buy a tr servo saver .
as for ur battery do make sure ur servo is a high volt i made that very mistake 3 throttle servos and 2 steering later

my throttle servo is high voltage but my steering is the stock hpi unit. about how long would this servo last on lipo voltage? anyone recommend any high voltage steering units?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks