DBXL New to DBXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nolivy

Hi all, question about dbxl (version 1)... are parts compatible with the 2.0? Am new to having a dbxl but been running 5b's and 5t's for a a very long time. Thanks. Have a great day everybody.

Hi buddy

First of all is yours Gas, or Electric, as most parts are different for both.

For the most part, (like for like between the 1.0 & 2.0) nope the parts are not compatible with each other except for a couple, if your looking for parts for your 1.0, stick with parts designed for the 1.0 & vice versa with the 2.0, or you will more than likely have fitment issues.

For 2.0 GAS parts upgrades list i made this post: https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/hop-ups-compatibility-list-gas-version.29247/

It's a gas version 1
Thanks for replying
the 1.0 gas version has lots of hopups available (more than the v2) ...you can basically build a v1 from ground up using hopup parts if thats your thing!

But there are some essential parts you will want to upgrade/hop up on the v1 from the start as it was a very poor design. Shocks being 1 of them, as the stock ones are absolute cr@p! even with better coils etc, they are not upto the job of the weight of the v1 gasser.

Alloy Center Drive shaft mount bracket is another as the stock plastic one has a tendency to melt. Chassis braces front/rear as the stock chassis has a LOT of flex, maybe even upgrade the stock chassis to an Area RC one if you can find one available.

The other thing is the stock engine was a joke! Why on earth they used a 23cc "dynamite" engine for this model is beyond me, nowhere near enough power, even for a 2WD 1/5 this engine would be underpowered!! And as with any 1/5 scale, a tuned pipe goes without saying ;)

The 23cc Cy was plenty of an engine for it stock. It's a dismal platform, with loads of issues. Once I stuck a 32cc in it, it was constant upgrades. Your power issues were self induced with your need to add every heavy alloy part you could get your hands on and your heavy, oversized tire set up. Couppled with a pipe that didnt favor bottom end performance. I can quite assure you, being a v1 dbxl owner for many, many years even after replacing all the nessisary parts to keep it together a mildly ported 32cc zen is more then enough to motivate it. I was running a 19 tooth pinion then bumped up to a 20 tooth pinion after I ported the 32cc. They are small and quite light weight for a 1/5 scale. A 5ivet or vekta have quite a bit more size and weight to them and also preform very well with a 32cc zen.

The 23cc Cy was plenty of an engine for it stock. It's a dismal platform, with loads of issues. Once I stuck a 32cc in it, it was constant upgrades. Your power issues were self induced with your need to add every heavy alloy part you could get your hands on and your heavy, oversized tire set up. Couppled with a pipe that didnt favor bottom end performance. I can quite assure you, being a v1 dbxl owner for many, many years even after replacing all the nessisary parts to keep it together a mildly ported 32cc zen is more then enough to motivate it. I was running a 19 tooth pinion then bumped up to a 20 tooth pinion after I ported the 32cc. They are small and quite light weight for a 1/5 scale. A 5ivet or vekta have quite a bit more size and weight to them and also preform very well with a 32cc zen.
mine was VERY underpowered, especially compared to my fully alloy FG (albeit my fg at that time had a zen 26) ..but my my dibby was 100% stock pretty much at that time as i had just bought it used so was testing it out, it had a tuned pipe & the dynamite 23cc engine, ive never used an RC that felt so sluggish! wasnt the tuning or gearing as i had it tuned well & tried different gearing. It was simply the engine just not being powerful enough & i wasnt the only one, lots were saying the same thing.

did you say yours had a CY mill in it, im guessing the CY and Dynamite engines are different brands, the original dibby used a Dynamite 23cc engine or is the dynamite just a rebadged CY?

In the end though i just sold my original dibby, wasnt happy with the performance & as the time my FG was my pride & pleasure :)

Last edited:
Same engine just branded. They weren't fast as in speed but should have been quick on acceleration with the stock gear set and a decent pipe. Not zen fast, but quite fine for the price point and weight and size of the dibby.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks