New to forum! Picking up new KM baja 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnston.jer

Hey guy's,

I am picking up the king motors baja 2.0 white nylon kit from dan. It's the 30.5cc version. I am going to upgrade the motor and clutch as soon as i get it. I know that dan calls the motor an "fuelie" but is it really a CY29? Here is what I am planning on purchasing with the kit, please let me know if all is compatible:

1: Turtle racing HD Clutch System
2: HPI tuned pipe w/steel header
3: Pull start filter system http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.8930/.f

4: Air Filter http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-BAJA-5B...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b8bd0a0b

5: New Carb, http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.7550/.f

This is what i want to do intially. it's winter here so I have some time to tinker. Do these upgrades look like something the would benefit? I am new to gas cars. have flying helis for a few years but getting into this now.

What else should i look into? this will be used for recreational bashing and fun! Not really into racing....Yet.

thanks,

Jeremy

Or should I go with the Heat Hobby 3.0?

Hey guy's,

I am picking up the king motors baja 2.0 white nylon kit from dan. It's the 30.5cc version. I am going to upgrade the motor and clutch as soon as i get it. I know that dan calls the motor an "fuelie" but is it really a CY29? Here is what I am planning on purchasing with the kit, please let me know if all is compatible:

1: Turtle racing HD Clutch System
2: HPI tuned pipe w/steel header
3: Pull start filter system http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.8930/.f

4: Air Filter http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-BAJA-5B-5T-2-0-5SC-SS-MG-AIR-FILTER-VELOCITY-STACK-ZENOAH-CY-GOPED-/230732663307?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b8bd0a0b

5: New Carb, http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.7550/.f

This is what i want to do intially. it's winter here so I have some time to tinker. Do these upgrades look like something the would benefit? I am new to gas cars. have flying helis for a few years but getting into this now.

What else should i look into? this will be used for recreational bashing and fun! Not really into racing....Yet.

thanks,

Jeremy

Generally it is agreed that Dan has the best deal around as far as KM's go, the heat hobby 3.0 looks to be the same as Dan's 2.0. Lately Dan has been shipping all his rigs with the Dragon HP pipe and they work pretty good. welcome btw:)

if the one your getting has a 2 speed the TR clutch will not work, it only works on the single gear setup. only thing that can be used on the 2 speed is the backplate, but the whole setup will swap right out on a single gear setup.

Generally it is agreed that Dan has the best deal around as far as KM's go, the heat hobby 3.0 looks to be the same as Dan's 2.0. Lately Dan has been shipping all his rigs with the Dragon HP pipe and they work pretty good. welcome btw:)

1+ on that and now he has a new 2 speed baja with even more upgrades then Heat Hobby

well the fuelie engine is a 29cc but its not a CY or zen, it's most likely Rui-king/king motor, its a clone of a clone basiclybut they call most of the 23-30.5cc ngine fuelie

Thanks for the input guys! This is a great forum. I guess the big question which version to start with? I am partial to Dan on eBay. Everyone here has said nothing but good things. It does appear that Dan is shipping with dragon pipes on all of his items. I have a budget of about a grand and just want to get the most bang for my buck. I have read that the turtle racing clutch upgrade is a big improvement. I am also nervous about the two speed. I have read mixed reviews on it. I guess it's always something to upgrade to later. I was thinking of starting with a more base model and spending the remaining money on a few good upgrades. The white nylon is supposed to be pretty tough.

If you could spend a grand and do it all over again what would you buy/upgrade? King motors upgraded their radio equipment so I want to give it a shot before replacing those items first. Looks like they have a built in fail safe now as well.

New KM

I just picked up the KM 30.5cc 2 speed from Dan it came with the clone DDM rear wrap around pipe (not sure if that is the dragon) and full alm rear bumper. It has lots of alm all around. My first Baja. I changed nothing and it is insane fast. I love it! I also have a FG MT 29cc Zen but it cannot perform like this Baja. It is a bit loud I am thinking of getting silencer!

well so far on my t1000 2 speed i haven't had any 2 speed issues. only issue was the PS. if it were me, i would pop off the PS check to see if its a collared pawl or not, if not get one, you wont be sorry, specially when the non collared one borks up like mine did on 2nd tank. o yah, my radio is now a 4pks with hitec 5755 and 7955 servos

I just picked up the KM 30.5cc 2 speed from Dan it came with the clone DDM rear wrap around pipe (not sure if that is the dragon) and full alm rear bumper. It has lots of alm all around. My first Baja. I changed nothing and it is insane fast. I love it! I also have a FG MT 29cc Zen but it cannot perform like this Baja. It is a bit loud I am thinking of getting silencer!

I have experience some power loss with a silencer I took it off!!!!!!!!!

as far as the turtle clutch goes wait a bit for version 2 it is supposed to be released in febuary. its has improved cooling and strength over the v1 turtle clutch

That is just like the one I got other than the rear bumper is orange and the pipe wraps around the other way. Love it. Ran lean when I first started it had to richen it just a little and it screams. Broke front rim jumping and when i got HPI replacement rim the lockbead bolts were different size. HPI 2.5mm and KM 2.0mm.

That is just like the one I got other than the rear bumper is orange and the pipe wraps around the other way. Love it. Ran lean when I first started it had to richen it just a little and it screams. Broke front rim jumping and when i got HPI replacement rim the lockbead bolts were different size. HPI 2.5mm and KM 2.0mm.

Thanks for that info that's nice to know.

you mean the beadlock rim holes in the rim itself? not hard really, just go to hardware store and get some larger bolts that fit the rim
man i gotta go to your hardware store,the ones in chicago don't have these screws, i have to go to a specialty shop here that speciallizes in metric hex bolts,but the shop i go to is awesome i love the german couple that run it:D

man i gotta go to your hardware store,the ones in chicago don't have these screws, i have to go to a specialty shop here that speciallizes in metric hex bolts,but the shop i go to is awesome i love the german couple that run it:D

Ace Hardware is the only local store that generally has what I need for those type of things.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks