New to king motors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdawgsavage

Hey guys I'm New to these newer king motors models.I've had a handful of 1/5 scale but never a t1000, I had an older model 5b back like 10 years ago but it was not very reliable. Have they gotten better over the years? I've never had the truck version so thought I would try it, at the price I couldn't beat it. 50436a562f0fa35753759a6093809f3d.jpg
Pics of it next to my savage
5bb0196f36a55c04b559198a1db102ba.jpgb807a1c8df271a69274c2859b9cc5aa4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have experience with these trucks? I really do appreciate the help. i am wondering what parts i should upgrade first? i have ordered a ddm dominator v1 pipe for it, and some other things. i think i should upgrade the electronics and get a kill switch but i want some good must haves, like aluminum knuckles, and rear carriers, maybe some stronger braces. i don't bash too hard. i wont be taking this thing off huge jumps. basicaly just running around the yard and some occasional wide open fields and stuff

Does it necessarily need to be a enclosed clutch carrier? I have seen a lot of different ones and wasn't sure if an open one would be better for cooling. The closed one to me would be better to keep the dirt out but I'm not entirely sure. I was looking at this one? 085330d908f3c23fc543a2ff9596cf1d.jpg

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it will have some More pics up soon once I get my Parts in and possibly a video of it running.

Kill switch first! Your throttle servo WILL fail. Will save you money and time. Almost everyone on here has had or will be in a position that requires it. Enjoy the truck, loads of fun and can be addicting[emoji106]

https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/king-motor-baja-is-garbage.16791/

https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/king-motor-baja-30-5cc-ksrc-001-rtr.21591/

https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/diff-question.21755/

All in all, you got some reading to do.

Swap the diff oil for 30K if I recall, the factory one is too light. Get both chassis braces from Turtle Racing, through DDM.
8k spring for the clutch, shim the clutch shoes, make sure there is no binding without the springs installed.
Verify the shock shafts are not getting jammed, usually the pistons are too wide rubbing against the piston walls.
Set your failsafe, usually from factory is not set, and a kill switch
Use synthetic oil, 25:1 with 93 octane fuel or highest you can find. Let the engine cool off between runs.
Locktite the bolts for the ignition coil, check flywheel gap.
Locktite ALL nuts
CNC spur gear backplate
Set your EPA in the Tx below 100, or check thats its lower than that so the servos don't over-work.

Its got its minor issues which need to be addressed, but for the price is a great rc. Do follow others advice, the throttle servo will fail sooner than later, get a Killer Bee KS. I learned it the hard way on the X2, cost me 200 dollars, bent chassis, and complete new front suspension.

Welcome aboard!

Wow thanks for the posts. Il def be reading up on what servos to use for upgrade and I will make a list of things to do. Thanks guys!! Today my pipe came in and some other parts. I like the white body more so I got that one on it now, and I got a little more run time on it. I did notice it turns wider on one side then the other, so il have to adjust that and my idle drops really low when touching the brakes so il have to adjust that. So far I only have 3 tanks through it. Here are some more pics 3efac5744ff873a4582f29badaf30fc3.jpgd18922fcf619d62d51f78e3ec963ebb0.jpg4149ce9d10f18668d7caaced5e20a77e.jpg

Sounds with good punch... Cut every other rib from the filter skeleton so you end up with 3 instead of six. Every little bit to help it breath bettter.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks