New to me KM Baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry

I just traded a Trail Finder 2 for an emaxx and a King Motors Baja, woo hoo!

I'm pretty sure this is an older model, the person I traded with said he had it for 2 years. It has the purple aluminum and 4mm shock shafts. Over all it is in pretty good condition other than one of the lower rear a arms is stripped where the shock mounts and the other side the threaded rod that attaches to the turnbuckle for the upper a arm is bent. Three of the four shocks have no oil and one of the rear shocks has a front long spring on it.

I'm planning on replacing the shocks, it's cheaper than rebuilding them and buying the correct springs. Putting on Hostile MX hard compound tires, new body and pro-line under tray, x-can and dual silencers and a Tower Hobbies large scale servo for the steering.

I have completely torn the buggy down and am going to take apart the diff to make sure there is fluid in it. For the exhaust I want something quiet, but don't want a huge pipe hanging off of the back. I thought about the KM silenced pipe but haven't been able to find any type of review or opinions about it online.

Any suggestions on anything else that I should look at?

That was my first 5th scale you might as well replace that diff with an hpi one if you want something quiet get a 5t can. Be forewarned once you put a nice motor in that car is gonna start falling apart.

I'm not touching the engine and I've checked the diff which is in great shape along with the rest of the buggy. I don't understand why you would say it is going to fall apart.

Last edited:
Enjoy you KM and do what you do to it don't listen to the negative on the KM I have several KM and have drove the poop out of them for 2 years I have upgraded motors in 3 of them and nothing falls off THEY ALL BREAK!!!! there will always be haters on everything so just let them keep there opinion and you just enjoy your KM as much as I have.

yah had my km t1000 for a cple years now and nothing has ever broken on it but the PS on 2nd tank, but i fixed that by replacing it with one that had collar on the wheel, that kept pawl from cockin sideways and bending it up

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks