New to RC, New used Car, Need help pls!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elfuegohd

Hi there! Just bought this FG car and need help from you guys regarding a bit of maintenance, must have upgrades and other stuff! Also, any info regarding this model would be very much appreciated! Got the car 2 weeks ago, and This is what I know so far:
- FG SWB 465mm 993 body
- Solo engine
- looks like upgraded suspension
- Front cable discs brakes
- K&N Air filter
- 2x hitec HS615MG servos for front brakes and trottle/rear brake ( the second one has died yesterday)
- 2x Hitec HSsomething steering servos... I'll have to double check the model...

What I have done so far:
- got a new radio Ansmann Racing W6
- got 2x new servos HS645MG... Not fitted yet..Will need help to best set up them... And adjust the brakes pls! Also I'll need help to set up steering servos to new radio...
- got a new fuel breather...
- got new battery and renewed all wiring ( switch and servos Y leads)
- got new alloy servo horns from fastrax

What I'm planning to do on near future:
- get hydraulic disc all around
- alloy servo tray
- replace all fuel hoses and fuel filter

So, any comment/critic/suggestion/tips r very welcome! Tks a lot!
I'll also post some pics!

Last edited:
So, here some pics...
I've changed the chassis too, for what I believe is a SWB evo... Am I correct?
But.... I've got a problem now. Just bought a set of magura II front brakes... And no space to fit them!
The solution I found... Make a support (the alloy bar in the pic) to fit the master cylinder and place the support on top of the carbon bar... Sounds easy if the fuel tank is not in the way!
So I'm thinking about replacing the fuel tank too... For the evo one which is only 10cm wide... Solve the problem!
Ad creates another one coz the fuel tanks I found r tooooo long! 13 cm.... And I have only 10cm to mount it....
Pls help!!!

hi mate the chassis looks like a comp line one I have the 535mm version the evo ones are more rounded still a great chassis though 8mm thick ect

the brakes was hard for me on mine mate and mines a lwb chassis but cause of the tank being in the way I just squeezed them in on yours id look for a evo tank that can use the black plastic tank support with that should give you just enough room to use the brackets that you have made

Tks renbar! I'll see what I can do... The evo tank would be ideal if not too long... It's narrow but long, so I'm about to build a fuel thank myself! I'll keep posting as it develops! Fingers crossed!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks