New to the forums just bought KM Triton Blade!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRipper

Hey guys, I've been in and out of the hobby over the years. I literally just ordered the KM Blade and a DDM Dominator V1. The only 1/5 scale I have ever owned was a redcat xt. It definitely had its issues. I'm curious what's the standard issues with The KM baja plateform? Electronics? I'm assuming some loose nuts and bolts. Is there any issues with the WT1191 carb? Just curious because It looks like it's a newer carb that's out. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome mate. Best give it the ole teardown and make sure everything is tight, and has fluid in it. Electronics are generally junk. haven't heard of a 1191, I'll have to see if I can get some specs for it. I would normally recommend a 1107 for rc applications. Easy to tune, and has the choke built it.

Welcome mate. Best give it the ole teardown and make sure everything is tight, and has fluid in it. Electronics are generally junk. haven't heard of a 1191, I'll have to see if I can get some specs for it. I would normally recommend a 1107 for rc applications. Easy to tune, and has the choke built it.
On all points, What he said. Clone carbs are crap , don't hold a tune of you can even get it there so I'd swap in a genuine walbro. After that, Killswitch. then just replace/upgrade as you break.

Ok so did a bit of digging on that 1191 carb. Seems it was made specifically for king motor/rovan, by walbro. It specs the same bore and venturi sizes as the 1107. 15.88mm bore and 13.5mm venturi. They (king motor/rovan) state it's good for a 32 through 38cc engine. If and when it craps seems the same rebuild kit will fit as the 1107. Idk what the differences are as far as pop off pressure or jet sizing. Walbro took that good info off their sight a few years back.

Ok so did a bit of digging on that 1191 carb. Seems it was made specifically for king motor/rovan, by walbro. It specs the same bore and venturi sizes as the 1107. 15.88mm bore and 13.5mm venturi. They (king motor/rovan) state it's good for a 32 through 38cc engine. If and when it craps seems the same rebuild kit will fit as the 1107. Idk what the differences are as far as pop off pressure or jet sizing. Walbro took that good info off their sight a few years back.
But was it actually made by walbro or a clone 1107 carb with walbro slapped on there?

Do any of you know what type of battery plug the KM Baja has? I plan on upgrading that asap. Can this rig handle a lipo? I'll definitely be wa tong alot of power to the steering. Any recommended steering servos?
That blade looks awesome john parks! What pipe is that on yours?

Do any of you know what type of battery plug the KM Baja has? I plan on upgrading that asap. Can this rig handle a lipo? I'll definitely be wa tong alot of power to the steering. Any recommended steering servos?
The stock servos can't handle lipos as far as I know. You will need high voltage sevos, many like hitec and savox. The type of plug it uses is a futaba J connecter/servo connecter. Super common.

I ordered all of these over the weekend to get this bad boy kicked off right. Since I picked up a used hpi baja. I'll be swapping some tires around and using these new uber vipers on the KM and the km stock tires on the hpi. The hpi has brand new holeshot type tires on the front I'll swap onto the new blade.

Some wheel extenders to help keep it from flipping as much. That ddm pipe I'm so excited to hear and wake my neighbors lol.. they already hate me with my Harley. And hope this new life batt will last a full tank. We will see. Most the items will arrive Thursday!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200419-204359_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200419-204359_Gallery.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20200419-230618_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200419-230618_Chrome.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20200419-230152_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200419-230152_Chrome.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20200419-230107_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200419-230107_Chrome.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2
What wheel spacers did you end up using? 2" and 3"? I went with 2" all the way around. I felt 3 was over kill by the looks. But I cant speak from experience yet.
I'm talking about before you bought the longer arms. Maybe you always had the longer arms?

Last edited:
What wheel spacers did you end up using? 2" and 3"? I went with 2" all the way around. I felt 3 was over kill by the looks. But I cant speak from experience yet.
I'm talking about before you bought the longer arms. Maybe you always had the longer arms?
I have the 2" but only use them on the rear. To much stress on steering and makes it sloppy. Just putting them in the back helps alot with flipping.15874238638983302300730991390049.jpg
Doesn't even look goofy. Both my rigs are 4" wider rear only.

Ok sounds good. I ordered them already. Hope I can use the extra set on the rear of the other baja.
This one started as a KM blade ?
Does the stock km blade come with the cheap 4 shoe clutch? I was just thinking about that. It will be here thursday. The anticipation is killing me lol.

Last edited:
I'm going to thoroughly go thru the whole kit when it gets here Thursday. I'm currently bored out of my mind. Lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks