New to the RC fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josmuck

Hey everybody.

Just bought my first gas powered car today :). It is a fairly well beaten up FG Marder but should still be fun.

When I went to start it it reved straight to max :mad:, wholey poop is what I thought. As it turned out the kid who had it before me somehow got the gas servo backwards.

The idel is now full open. What i Need to know if can I just reverse the remote or do I have to Change something on the servo?

Thanks for any help, and as time goes on I bet I will have a lot more questions! :D

Welcome to LSF.

1. DO NOT fire it up ... !! After the horse has bolted, as they say.
2. Switch on radio, Switch on receiver, and check and adjust the servo positions and end-points.

You might have caught a servo-reversing switch whilst carrying the transmitter - easily done.
Also, as implied above, check the steering - throw and centring.
Check ALL bolts are tight where they should be.
Check your servo horns are well secured.

If it doesn't have one, get a remote kill switch. You can kill the engine with the transmitter - check other threads.
Al.

Hi Guys,

Got it running and what a blast. I have been taking it on a friends of mine MX cross course that they built for the boys but that seems to be to rough for it? Is there a long travel suspension kit for the Marder? Also I took it out to the wind mill park which is gravel. It did great here but when I give it gas in the turns it only wants to go straight! Is this normal or do I really need to replace the shocks?

Thanks

Welcome to LSF :D

The stock shocks (with the red body) arent the best so if you have them fitted its best to upgrade to the ally shocks. You may be able to improve the handling of the shocks you have by changing the oil (or first making sure there is some in there!) and possibly the springs.

I found a front anti roll bar helped but that is something you will have to try. Everyone has their own preference on these as it depends on your driving style and the terrain where you run.

Hi Dwarfy

That is kind of what I though! I will take a look at getting new ones when we are back from vacation.
I ran into a new problem today. When I drive it for say 10 min it runs great but then suddenly is starts bogging down when I give gas?

I spoke to a friend that know a lot about chain saws and he said it might be the membrane? possible a crack in it?

Thanks for any help!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks