New to this - question about break in oil and thereafter ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momofx

I spent about 20 mins searching and reading - Now just wondering if my final decision is good : I plan on using Amsoil Saber Pro after I break-in my Rovan 1/5th with a 40:1 mix with midgrade Shell or Mobil Gasoline. (I only use Shell and Mobil in my regular vehicles btw)

For break-in of the new engine I am just gonna use regular non-synthetic 2 Stroke Oil with a 25:1 mix for about 2 tanks before switching to the Amsoil Saber Pro...

Is this a good choice?

Sounds good. IMO I would stick with a 25:1 ratio even after break in, but that's up to you. I've tried 25,32,40 :1 ratios didn't really see any difference.
Everyone has their reasons, I know someone who runs 40:1 just so he doesn't have to buy as much oil. As far as non synthetic for break in, I've ask multiple ppl and builders, they've all said it really makes no difference. You can break it in on whatever oil you plan on running, broke my obr fm in on Motul 800 and it's still running strong 5 gallons later.

Good luck with whatever choose you should be good to go.

I'd stick with 25:1 as well. Use gas with no ethanol i think it is. Higher grade octane like 91 to 94 doesn't have it. It should say on the gas pump whether or not which grade of octane has a certain % of ethanol or not. With full synthetic oils you can get away with using anywhere from 32:1 to 50:1 but I still would stick with 25:1 as its recommended for the engines that baja uses.

Ok thanks - for the break-in can I use just regular 2 cycle oil like the ones chainsaw's etc. use? Any "regular" brand you guys recommend that I can get at local parts stores or Walmart?

i would stick to one type of oil :)if you use non synthetic and then change to

full synthetic oils it may leave your engine gummed up as they do not mix:w00t:

and run on 25:1 unless you want to break your engine quick

please enter your location in your user CP

K....

Ok thanks - for the break-in can I use just regular 2 cycle oil like the ones chainsaw's etc. use? Any "regular" brand you guys recommend that I can get at local parts stores or Walmart?

Most just use any cheap general 2t oil for air cooled engines that you can get at a gas station, Wal Mart or lawn shop.
Really doesn't matter much for break in, just make sure it's 25:1. I prefer to break mine in on the oil I plan on running normally.

Engine Break-in Procedure

New engine break-in procedure

1. Take it easy on the engine for the first two tanks

2. Heat cycle twice, run the engine for 20 minutes and let it fully cool down
3. We recommend 91 octane fuel, mixed at 25:1 Our preffered oil is Castor 927
4. Let your engine warm up before driving
5. Try to vary the rpms during breaking.
5. DO NOT HOLD FULL THROTTLE UNTIL THE ENGINE IS COMPLETELY BROKEN IN!!!
7. Do not use octane

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks