New V3 Raminator and Mega truck just dropped!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seen that they got rid of all the button head bolts, definitely a smart move on their part
A couple months back I ordered a complete bolt kit from primal so I have lots of the crappy button head bolts to use up :(
I tried using a heat gun, soldering iron, and a propane torch on some of those bolts but still stripped a bunch out
I have two bolts that hold the red plate to the tranny that stripped out and a couple of servo mount bolts/ sway bar mount bolts that I need to drill out
I just left them alone for the time being but will have to deal with them if I replace the plates with carbon ones

Butane torch works best as it's direct heat. Usually go about 10 seconds and they break right loose

I’ll have to try and get one of those butane torches. Sounds like that’s the ticket for these stubborn bolts.
Thanks for the suggestion!

When you get it can you compare the shocks to your original raminator?
I’m wondering if all they changed is the shaft, lower cap and seals and rod end or if the entire shock is new
If only the guts are changed then it would be cheaper/easier to upgrade to new spec plus we can reuse the springs and shock bodies/ top cap

When you get it can you compare the shocks to your original raminator?
I’m wondering if all they changed is the shaft, lower cap and seals and rod end or if the entire shock is new
If only the guts are changed then it would be cheaper/easier to upgrade to new spec plus we can reuse the springs and shock bodies/ top cap
First thing I asked lol! Great minds think alike! I am curious to how I can get to the 10mm shafts vs the 7mm ones we have now.

Have to get whole new shocks in order to upgrade, I see the lower rod end still has that crappy white plastic piece I wish they would have changed that to something different :(
I wonder if they used different spring rates and pistons with bigger holes ?

Have to get whole new shocks in order to upgrade, I see the lower rod end still has that crappy white plastic piece I wish they would have changed that to something different :(
I wonder if they used different spring rates and pistons with bigger holes ?
I have broken a couple of those white inserts in the lower rod end. I wouldn't care as its a good wear point, but I wish they sold the white part alone...not the full rod end. That would be a huge help.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks