New Vekta owner!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up a Vekta and a few other goodies from a friend for a steal.I bought everything but most likely will be swapping some of the parts.I picked up the LSE kit with a King Motor 34cc and a set of cheap 60kg servos.I only have a few crappy pics but hopefully later today I will get some more to keep all of you guys interested and who am I kidding I love pics too.I will post in here as I build it and upgrade stuff but this thread will most likely be pretty slow moving since the parts for this thing aren't cheap.I already have the shock stops and rear upper mount on the way so we will see how this beast turns out.

download_20200129_010118.jpgdownload_20200129_010107.jpg

A little over 500 for everything if you could believe that.I am thinking about picking up the quick release body posts too but that will be it for the initial build until I recoop some of the money from Christmas and January my family has like twelve January birthdays and mine was on the 23rd so this is my gift to me :p

I had aluminum beadlocks, they got destroyed fairly quickly and looked horrible. They take alot of hits if you bash hard. They do look awsome though before they get all scratched up. Only dual steer truck I have came stock that way so not much help. It is awsome though. Highly recommend it.

Like I said just trying to get some opinions in the end I am going to do what makes me happy but I don't really like throwing cash away so maybe I will hod off on the beadlocks.The dual servo option is appealing to me since there are a few rigs out there that come that way out of the box and they work just fine but Burrows seemed to have endless issues with his set up so that is why I am trying to gather as much info as possible before I pull the trigger on three or four servos.

I like the silver ones too and I would like to run two 845's in a dual set up but like I said Burrows has a lot more experience than I do with all of this and if he had soo much trouble I can't imaging the mayhem that will break loose if I try to go that route.

I am excited because today I will get in 5-6 hours on the Vekta so we should have some progress today.

Congrats on your purchase. You're going to love this thing.

Alloy bead locks, just picked put set from RCMAX in black. I'll let you know how they wear. Dual Servos are waste of $ unless you plan on running say the larger Trepadors, and even then you can get away with just one high-quality servo.

Enjoy the build! (y)

Thanks I hope so

Hey quick question for a noob.When greasing the diff they are open on the bottom unlike the Losi and Baja diff's should I lightly grease the gears or stuff them full of grease and do they mount to the chassis plate and that is how they are sealed on the bottom?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks