New xmaxx 8s brute!!! Love it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazybajabuild

Hey guys, so I’m a gasser guy but recently just came across this beautiful orange xmaxx 8s beast and I had to jump on her as it was last minute and alcohol was involved! So, what do I do with this beast I shall ask? I know nothing about battery’s and what to get, I got it used but the guy was hard up for money looked like he just bought it without asking his wife and had to get his money back so I snatched that up!! He said he only ran one set of packs with it, He didn’t include the battery’s but he did give me a couple nice chargers.. so, with this all said, what batteries should I get.. I know there are tons of them out there to choose from, but I have no clue what I’m doing and I don’t want to spend another 200 in batteries, like I said ALCOHOL was involved at the time of purchase lol.. what do I do..

Here’s my beast..

Attachments

• 49F6431C-30AA-4E2A-8600-5835BF2779F1.jpeg
    49F6431C-30AA-4E2A-8600-5835BF2779F1.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 10
  • D41A9CF9-20F8-4F30-A7C0-7CA921C3AA8B.jpeg
    D41A9CF9-20F8-4F30-A7C0-7CA921C3AA8B.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 12
So what part didn't you get when he said he didn't want to spend $200 on batteries. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Although honestly I have a feeling he will be spending close to 200 for batteries. Traxxes and their closed eco system.
He is going to be dissapointed with the quality if he buys cheap battery’s 🤷‍♂️. I have been using the second link for about 2 years now and they are great. Also, a bad esc took one with it, and the customer service is flawless. 👍 I have started buying all my battery’s from them.

Run SMC Batteries....that is all I run in my E rigs, from the kids Stampedes to my E Revos and my brother runs them on his Xmaxx...amazing quality and great life spans. The owner is a good dude and backs his product as long as you properly take care of them. Also avoid running adapters on high voltage setups like on ERevo 2.0 and Xmaxx. Instead just either change your ESC plug to what you want to run or order packs with the correct plug. SMC will sell you packs w Traxxas plugs already wired on and you can keep your stock esc plug.

https://www.smc-racing.com/

Run SMC Batteries....that is all I run in my E rigs, from the kids Stampedes to my E Revos and my brother runs them on his Xmaxx...amazing quality and great life spans. The owner is a good dude and backs his product as long as you properly take care of them. Also avoid running adapters on high voltage setups like on ERevo 2.0 and Xmaxx. Instead just either change your ESC plug to what you want to run or order packs with the correct plug. SMC will sell you packs w Traxxas plugs already wired on and you can keep your stock esc plug.

https://www.smc-racing.com/
I use adaptor on my crawler ...but YES..... AVOID adaptors on higher voltage stuff...new to this forum, but not to RC..,...

Hey guys, so I’m a gasser guy but recently just came across this beautiful orange xmaxx 8s beast and I had to jump on her as it was last minute and alcohol was involved! So, what do I do with this beast I shall ask? I know nothing about battery’s and what to get, I got it used but the guy was hard up for money looked like he just bought it without asking his wife and had to get his money back so I snatched that up!! He said he only ran one set of packs with it, He didn’t include the battery’s but he did give me a couple nice chargers.. so, with this all said, what batteries should I get.. I know there are tons of them out there to choose from, but I have no clue what I’m doing and I don’t want to spend another 200 in batteries, like I said ALCOHOL was involved at the time of purchase lol.. what do I do..

Here’s my beast..
I have the Dynamite charger.....has worked well for me. ....it's not holding any records for most powerful charger, but it works good for average hobbyist..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks