Newb with a Dbxl body question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey duders
I'm new to the forums here and just got back into the hobby a little over a year ago after taking a couple decades off. I always liked the look of the Baja beetles and always loved seeing the 5th scale bajas with the bug bodies. My question is has anyone had any luck fitting a Baja bug body on a dbxl. I've searched high and low but came up dry. It looks like the king motors bug body might work. Any help is much Appreciated

God speed
- Kyle

Body mentioned
https://www.kingmotorrc.com/product-km66036c

also included a photo of my dbl
oniel 6300 ported 32cc zenoah 7.4 hp
bartolone mid bleed pipe
some scoops and a bit of cheap Chinese aluminum up front

Attachments

• IMG_2023-01-08-04-10-55-387.jpg
    IMG_2023-01-08-04-10-55-387.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 17
the difference in wheelbase between the baja and dbxl is only 10mm mate, so it should fit and look in proportion,
not sure on width difference, or any other clearance issues,
you may need to modify the shell to clear some stuff on the dbxl,
i've never seen it done personally, only way to find out is go for it and see if it will work (y),
worst case is you end up with a beetle shell and an excuse to buy a baja to fit it to :D

u in uk..i got a bug shell for sale...(y)
On the east coast. Usa
the difference in wheelbase between the baja and dbxl is only 10mm mate, so it should fit and look in proportion,
not sure on width difference, or any other clearance issues,
you may need to modify the shell to clear some stuff on the dbxl,
i've never seen it done personally, only way to find out is go for it and see if it will work (y),
worst case is you end up with a beetle shell and an excuse to buy a baja to fit it to :D
That is very true. Been looking for that excuse to get a Baja. I need some 2wd 2 stroke in my life. Thanks for the reply

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks