newbie question! "might be a dumb one"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaospartners

Im waiting on my Hpi 5b ss to come so i can get started putting it together. So i have been doing alot of searching all over the internet and this site now.

I got a specktrum dx3s and a sr300 reciever. Now my question is can i use any throttle and brake servo?? I also want a good one idc to pay $100.

2 dumb question the throttle servo is the one that don't come with the ss kit and the one i need to buy correct?

I greatly appreciate ANY info and help, on which servo i should buy.. thanks guys..

welcome mate and yes you will need 1 standard size servo for your throttle/brake i would recomend a savox 1256 @£60 over here and a very good servo for your needs more than up to the job and not over budget

i would also hghly recomend getting a killer bee or simular kill switch i would not run y ar with out one a run away could cause serious damage

welcome mate and yes you will need 1 standard size servo for your throttle/brake i would recomend a savox 1256 @£60 over here and a very good servo for your needs more than up to the job and not over budget

i would also hghly recomend getting a killer bee or simular kill switch i would not run y ar with out one a run away could cause serious damage

Im looking into the killer bee. just making shure i get the right one..

you need a bit of torque from a throttle/brake servo to clamp those brakes. the savox is a good servo, however on a budget there is nothing wrong with a hitec 5645. they arent a very fast servo at 0.18 seconds, but make up for it in torque at 164 oz/in, plenty for pulling on the brakes. its around $50.

and i second the kill switch. imo 5th scales should have them out of the box.

since i got a specktrum transmitter i should go with the v2-s right? or is the v1 better?

And i went with the savox servo!

Last edited:
Ok guys i did some reading on killer RC site and decided the v2-s was best for my needs so i ordered it and don't plan to run my baja without it!!

I think i got all the main stuff!

any other opinions or advice will be appreciated! thanks

v2S - YES!!
I use that on my Large Scale beasts - 1/5 on-road and '1/6' MT (Closer to 1/8 actually if you measure.)
Remember this goes on the Steering or a Spare channel, not on the Throttle / Brake.

Spectrum has built-in Failsafe - read other comments on this to avoid repeating the same thing for the 10th time (not aimed at you, but my laziness!!).

Failsafe - NEEDS BATTERY POWER - applies brakes if set on signal loss.
Kill Switch - DETECTS SIGNAL/BATTERY LOSS - Kills engine - DOES NOT APPLY BRAKES.

Servos: Don't know of the other Hitec, but Sharkey has loads of experience here, so I'm sure he's right.
Personally, I use the Savox 1256TG on all trucks I have where possible - I have perhaps 4 or 5 in use! NEVER gone wrong .... so far.
Steering is another thing, but you'll find that out ...

Enjoy!!
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks