Newbie with a King Motor KSRC 002

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k-harr26

Hello Everyone

I reciently purchased a King Motor KSRC 002 2spd 30.5cc Buggy. I have a few concerns. I seems as if there is excessive play in the suspension/ steering. Most of it seems to be comming from the hinge pins, as if they are to small in diameter. The steering assm has quit a bit of play also. This buggy is new and I have only put 2 tanks through it breaking it in. Not sure if this is normal or a concern. I race 10th and 1/8 scale and used to race 1/4 scale back in the day and not used to this much clearance between pivot areas. I don't have someone local to compare with. Any info would be greatly appriciated

Thanks

yes thats one thing with these buggy's the front hinges have some slop, play, tighten up your steering linkage from tie rods to servo saver, they are most likely loose, to tighten the hinges you either need some hinge bushings or you need to change out the braces along with the pins themselves, otherwise you will have to deal with it, i use the bushings it tightened it up a bit, but im looking for some titanium braces and pins to swap out those parts.

get a TFE shim kit, use can use them to shim up the free play in a arms, and TFE also puts out a steering shim kit for the steering assembly to take up all the slop in that as well, i have a kit and used it on the steering, just make sure for steering you get the steering shim kit.

get a TFE shim kit, use can use them to shim up the free play in a arms, and TFE also puts out a steering shim kit for the steering assembly to take up all the slop in that as well, i have a kit and used it on the steering, just make sure for steering you get the steering shim kit.

I have no suspension slop in my new 002. But I have a lot of steering slop. If I lift the front of my baja I have about 1/2-3/4 of an inch of front wheel play to the left and right without the servo moving at all? I would really like to fix that issue. Not sure how to though. I don't think shims will fix it. When I wiggle the front wheels I can see the steering assembly move all over. All screws are tight?

the steering shims take away excess slop, you would do good to get a set, and upon reassembly then you can dbl check all bolts and nuts involved in disassembly and reassembly, any bolts into metal that arent in a heat situation, as these we are talkin bout use blue loctite on them.

Thank everyone for the info. anything else I should do please let me know I'm all ears. My plans are to run this at the dunes. I live in Yuma Az sooo if some one would like to get together and go play let me know. This one is for fun. I have been involved with racing so long its great having one for playing with. I 'm turning this into a sand rail. lol. I really like the 2strokers cage design. I'm mocking up my own design now. I'm trying to put together a " rack and pinion" set-up that I use to use with my 1/4 scale cars. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks again.

Quick update. I ordered basically all the the shim kit, the limiting cable and pro bearing kit through DDM. I'm sure this should get me straightened out. Waiting for the the new TR clutch assembly. Once again MORE MONEY MORE MONEY.

lol yup, money money money. but least startin off with km you have the extra cash saved from a hpi to get a few things. oh, if in the sandy areas running look at gettin a set of the outerwears covers for various sections, pull start, air filter at least.

i forgot to mention that I also ordered filter and pull starter cover. enclosed clutch support, sand tires, alloy transmission case and a few other things from King Motor Rc. Dan gave me a great deal on all items when combined. Im still below the price of an hpi. Not knocking the HPI just stating.

thats one of the big pluses of a km, money saved on purchase allows you to get a few upgrades. just check the diff fluid when you go to swap out the alloy tranny case, make sure its full. i have the alloy split diff case too, makes accessing the diff and servicing it later easy, since ya wont have to rip the entire backend off to get it out anymore, just a few things and its out.

yah for sandy running, a closed clutch cover is a must, keeps sand from gettin in there and eatin away the pads etc.. outer wears filters is also a must too. from the sounds of it i think your covered pretty well with what ya got to add on there. make sure ya got good boots too for the bones, get a set of hostile boots, and use some TFE bone and diff grease and pack the boots up good.

Hello Everyone

I reciently purchased a King Motor KSRC 002 2spd 30.5cc Buggy. I have a few concerns. I seems as if there is excessive play in the suspension/ steering. Most of it seems to be comming from the hinge pins, as if they are to small in diameter. The steering assm has quit a bit of play also. This buggy is new and I have only put 2 tanks through it breaking it in. Not sure if this is normal or a concern. I race 10th and 1/8 scale and used to race 1/4 scale back in the day and not used to this much clearance between pivot areas. I don't have someone local to compare with. Any info would be greatly appriciated

Thanks
Check for missing screws on the bottom and if drive shaft is connected properly

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks