Newly announced HPI Baja 5b's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin.
Community Leader
HPI has just announced two new HPI Baja 5B's at the Nürnberg Toy Fair!

kraken_sx5_03.jpg
Baja Kraken Sidewinder X5 buggy

Teaming up with Kraken RC, HPI is proud to offer the Baja 5B buggy with the Kraken Sidewinder X5 roll cage conversion right out of the box! This amazing kit makes it easy to get one of the most unique looks in large scale RC: the ‘sand rail’ style begs you to take it for huge jumps off monster sand dunes! The Baja 5B Sidewinder X5 is completely pre-built and ready to drive right out of the box – just add fuel for 30-minute runtimes! It’s also completely outfitted with the latest Super Heavy Duty option parts, including driveshafts, front hex hubs and one-piece rear hubs so you can thrash it around the dunes or track as long as you like. Baja 5B and Kraken RC: a partnership made born in the desert and made to drive anywhere!

kraken_tsk_b_02.jpg
Baja 5B Kraken TSK-b Class 1

Kraken RC and HPI partner to bring you the awesome Baja 5B TSK-b Class 1 racing buggy! Kraken RC’s super-cool TSK-b Class 1 adds a fantastic-looking roll cage to bring modern desert racer looks and functionality to the large scale Baja 5B. The Baja 5B TSK-b Class 1 is completely pre-built and ready to drive right out of the box – just add fuel for 30-minute runtimes! It’s also completely outfitted with the latest Super Heavy Duty option parts, including driveshafts, front hex hubs and one-piece rear hubs so you can thrash it around the dunes or track as long as you like. Baja 5B and Kraken RC: a partnership made born in the desert and made to drive anywhere!

Same old same old. Typical hpi, let's put a different cover on the same car and call it new. Don't get me wrong I love the baja and it's the best car I've ever ran but let's be serious, while everyone else is coming out with new and better stuff hpi is stuck in the past. Sure it's tried and true but while everyone else is going forward hpi is trying to keep up by just changing the look. Losi hasn't been in the large scale scene for very long and they are already starting to dominate it. Mcd now has a new platform. Looks like a losi but still new. Even redcat went from the rampage to the x series. The baja 5b chassis to 5t, 5sc, 5rd I think it's called (onroad) and now the 2 kraken cages and yet still the same platform. If hpi don't start listening to the customers especially with km making nice clones they're going to be out of the large scale game and it'll be there own fault.

There focus is on 1/8 cars and has been for years now and they have won the worlds a lot 3 times with very high paid drivers
And with 1/8 scale in decline because of the economy
No one can afford to travel and race
Or at least I can't they are in trouble
So don't look for new platforms to happen
And be happy that there still producing the car
Because Losi won't do that when they have a sale to clear out the stock it's over [emoji90]

Kreb, I agree fully! They are reshining the turds and KM is hot on their heels with the Baja variants (clones) whose quality is edging up over time. The cages are what I'm interested in since i have a current chubby for all things desert racing and a 2 wheel drive is next on my hit list. I was leaning toward a 1/8 before I bought an X2 but after shopping around for 1/8 I had noticed the prices were just as stout as ever. I was sold after seeing the first body off pic of the 5ive or the Mini actually when DDM had it on sale. Layout like a big ass 1/8 buggy for just a fistfull of dollars more.

Bought the Kraken cage from DDM with a Dominator V2 pipe as a package deal. After wrapping a graphics kit around it she looks sick as hell. King Motor use to sell a carbon graphic body that I picked up also but they no longer offer it. The last body is a custom painted Killer Rc body that was created for Mark Himes when he use to work for Killer. There were only 2 bodies created. I have one of them. That's pretty sweet. maybe get it autographed... maybe

Attachments

• Evel I.jpg
    Evel I.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 16
  • HPI Baja 5b IV.jpg
    HPI Baja 5b IV.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Killer RC II.jpg
    Killer RC II.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 15
  • KILLER RC BODY.jpg
    KILLER RC BODY.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 14
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks