Nitrotek Buggy Exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ticker

Does anybody know if there is an exhaust, apart from the stock box that will fit my Nitrotek AoWei 1/5th Scale 26cc Yama Petrol RC Buggy. I bought this in haste because I couldn't afford the HPI Baja.:w00t:

I'd like to know this too. I just got mine today and I'm really pleased with it so far. Super Unleaded (98 RON) plus 2 stroke oil at 25:1 and it runs sweet!

Hi Richard, if you look on ebay under FG exhaust there,s an exhaust on there, should fit I think but not sure if it's for me because I use mine off road and I would probably bash it off. And i'm not sure if I can keep the bodywork on with it.
Make sure you loctite all the bolts on yours, i've had a few things come loose. Also had probs with a rear wheel coming loose and the square drive coming loose. I bought some wheel adapters front and rear so I can use HPI wheels, got a nice set from China, they were delivered in 4 days. makes the Buggy wider as well. also put lighter shock oil in, handles better.
There's a shop near Derby that I get spares from he's on ebay but if you google Mattys Models and buy online it's cheaper.
Anyway happy bashing mate.:cool:

you need an FG touring car style pipe and manifold for these cars.
be careful putting more power thru' the drivetrain......its not the most reliable and the gears will strip, even the metal gears strip. Too much flex in the gear carrier

Last edited:
you need to get the gear carrrier made in alloy or find a male and female rosejoint in alloy to bolt together than set them on the end of the spur and pinnion gear to keep them from separating

Last edited:
plastic?

I've only had my buggy 3 days but I took it apart yesterday to clean it as I'd been driving it on newly cut, wet grass which got everywhere. I might be missing something here, but there is no plastic holding ANY of my gears. Could someone post a pic of the bits we're talking about here as mine all seem to be held by alloy parts?

not seen a yama buggy in the flesh but its a copy of an XRC which had lots of inferior quality plastic
Just had a look at the yama buggy parts and you are right it does now come with an alloy gear carrier
i would recommend getting metal gears when the plastic ones strip (these will, just because of the heat generated by the fast moving parts. It may be worthwhile putting some holes in the gear cover just to get rid of some of the heat)
it is a very clever design with the lay down engine giving it a low centre of gravity and hopefully the rest of the poor quality plastic has been addressed.
Are they still using an un-branded engine or have they upgraded that too?
parts can be had from Nitrotek but not sure of quality of service as not used them before
Apologies for any scaremongering on this model

Last edited:
plastic again?!

My gears are all metal! There is no plastic in the drivetrain or its mounts.
The suspension arms were the next worry but I haven't broken those despite some seriously bad landings.
The buggy must have been redesigned at some point. Admittedly the quality of finish is not as good as an HPI or a KM but it is pretty strong now.

Its still an unbranded engine, but a new one is only £85!

Hi Richard, I took my buggy on to cut grass and when I took it apart to reset the coil gap I found sooooo much grass rammed in between the cylinder and cover. I'm surprised that it hadn't over heated and seized.

Well K.... I'll have to eat my words, yesterday had a high speed flip on grass, broke a rear top suspension arm and..........................YES, dented my exhaust and destroyed the silicon seal. Had to reroute, never to old to eat humble pie LOL.

http://s1280.photobucket.com/albums...F54A035-6178-000004D6B322DC74_zps7f204308.mp4

hmmmm is'nt that around where it should have been to start with:lol::lol:

this is what i did to one of mine to protect the pipe:rolleyes:

newpicsofmarderleopard003.jpg

marderrebuilt1.jpg

marderrebuilt2.jpg

K....

Your so right K.... but I got this pipe from China, it's not for my car, I had to cut and shut. The first time I looked at it my mucker was coming to race me in @ 45 mins. I just wanted to bang it on to see if it worked or not, the description on ebay said it was for a nitro, didn't look like it in the photo so I took a chance for 22 quid delivered. also I needed something to cut the stainless manifold down.
The Yama buggy isn't the best beast to upgrade but works tight, new baby, 6 year old that wants everything and a wifey that aint to keen on RC's.
PS nice pics m8.
Nick

exhaust ?

hello i'm new here, could someone point me in the right direction ? :/ wanting to buy a tuned pipe for my yama any ideas what would fit ? or a few instructions to make one fit cheers guys

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks