Nitrous oxide powered FG MT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allanach

OK Guys, time for a new thread.

I have been working on this for some time now and I feel it's ready.

Below is my FG MT with 90% alloy up-grades completed to the rear end (special thanks to Daniels pit stop) and I felt it's now ready for more.

Webnitrous1.jpg

You will notice it has 4 wheel disc brakes so it stops well and I will be re installing the 2 speed so that should make it go well but it's still lacking.

webnitrous2.jpg

:2guns: Nitrous Oxide (poor truck is thinking:helpsmilie: )

oooh yeah this is truly what I am talking about, basically I have had several runs with this system (not without frustration) and have had excellent results, its still in a tuning stage and possibly will be available soon.

Dry manifold set-up above:

webnitrous3.jpg

The truck still needs a little love and care but it will be ready for the Thunder down under kurnell bash. It should have the Nitrous kit and the two speed + some other goodies.

hope you guys enjoy:shuriken:

stickers-D2.jpg

:nono: Dave, mate as if that truck needed anything else, it lives its life on that one little wheel at the back already...
You are
INSANE
Can't wait to see it in action, will HAVE to get it on vid.

Now you need to get rid of the rest of that red on those shocks to match the rest of the bling. Nice looking - Need some video of the NOS working, i have never heard it in action love to hear the engine rev.

:nono: Dave, mate as if that truck needed anything else, it lives its life on that one little wheel at the back already...
You are
INSANE
Can't wait to see it in action, will HAVE to get it on vid.

We are gonna vid this sucker real soon monaro... you the man.

Now you need to get rid of the rest of that red on those shocks to match the rest of the bling. Nice looking - Need some video of the NOS working, i have never heard it in action love to hear the engine rev.

Hey thats a good idea about the red shocks.... any suggestions?
I will be doing a MT overhaul part 2 shortly.... wait till you see what happens next.

Thanks guys.

I think the losi lst2 shocks look the goods on the FG, mounting tho needs brackets to be fabbed

these have aftermarket reservoirs

LSTshox.jpg

Can you post any other pictures of shocks mounting?
(Rear and front, close ups if possible)

Looking really nice!!

Last edited:
Found some!:)
http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15024&highlight=remove
http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15156&highlight=remove
http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14314&highlight=remove

There should be a sticky in the General section or where its best on anodizing. I notice alot of the same question by many different people with a search. Seems like a popular theme, I think I'm gonna give it a whirl.

Thanks BTB, I might get into that real soon.

BTB beat me too it - http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/25/removing-anodizing/

allanach, that is one mean looking truck. Where did you get those chassis mud guards from?
-Michael

Hey wood, thanks for your kind words.... I made up those chassis mud guards and I am thinking of making more to sell, let me know if you interested.

Looking really nice!!

Nope, found this pic on the web a while ago, I don't know where, I don't know who's truck it is, just thought the shocks looked cool so I saved the pic. Sorry

Dave have you run it much lately with the NOS, any closer to a good tune with it?

...Hey wood, thanks for your kind words.... I made up those chassis mud guards and I am thinking of making more to sell, let me know if you interested.

Yeah I'd be interested in a set!

Looking really nice!!

I too have been wondering how the LST2 shocks would hold up on the FG Monster Truck. I'm assuming this wouldn't be possible with stock arms?

-Michael

I saw this photo forever ago and forgot about the side upgrade. I always thought that side mount support was a great idea to take the side flex out of even the plastic rear arms. Do you think he made those or are they aftermarket sold? I think that would be a simple mod to figure out. See on the picture were it says ---HERE.

Attachments

• LSTshox.jpg
    LSTshox.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I too have been wondering how the LST2 shocks would hold up on the FG Monster Truck. I'm assuming this wouldn't be possible with stock arms?

It looks like you can use stock arms for this upgrade, but you will have to made some kind of braket for uper rear shocktower.
6ylow08.gif

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks