No piston stop??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougStar

Well Known Member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
I decided to see if I could strip my G320 with out using a piston stop ?? I got out my flywheel puller and some basic tools?? takes a bit of changing where the puller is to get everything off. Took some pics along the way ?? if you need please ask??
Please not in all the pics the spark plug is still in place??
Some people say that a piston stop can damage the piston and while you can buy tools to do what I have done ,I just wanted to see if I could do it without them??

Attachments

• 20190716_084242.jpg
    20190716_084242.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 2
I’ve used the same rope from my pull start as my piston stop. Worked like a charm and it’s = $ Free

I also have a piston stop plug (cost about $10 bucks ) which goes where the spark plug goes. It’s always worked fine too, never noticed a difference.

Now I have a fancy tool
- Bartolone Racing Multi-Purpose Engine Wrench, this works Fine too. ( Cost is about $40). This tool makes me feel like I’m doing a better job but that’s about it. ?

I love having the right tool for the job. But sometimes due to financial budget, forgetting it at home or just not knowing it even exists. You find other means of making stuff work, RC’ing makes me feel like MacGyver ??‍♂️?

I also have a piston stop plug (cost about $10 bucks ) which goes where the spark plug goes. It’s always worked fine too, never noticed a difference.

Now I have a fancy tool
- Bartolone Racing Multi-Purpose Engine Wrench, this works Fine too. ( Cost is about $40). This tool makes me feel like I’m doing a better job but that’s about it. ?
I have a piston stop just really want to try with the puller?? and yip the bart tool looks good maybe I'll order one sometime ??

I decided to see if I could strip my G320 with out using a piston stop ?? I got out my flywheel puller and some basic tools?? takes a bit of changing where the puller is to get everything off. Took some pics along the way ?? if you need please ask??
View attachment 52436View attachment 52437
View attachment 52439
View attachment 52440
View attachment 52441
Please not in all the pics the spark plug is still in place??
Some people say that a piston stop can damage the piston and while you can buy tools to do what I have done ,I just wanted to see if I could do it without them??

Attachments

• 86EA985D-B305-448B-ABD1-3CCF0F79337E.jpeg
    86EA985D-B305-448B-ABD1-3CCF0F79337E.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 8
  • A623CF63-FB22-4057-968E-0CDFFA1D01A8.jpeg
    A623CF63-FB22-4057-968E-0CDFFA1D01A8.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 6A60C8D3-9B05-4788-AFDE-AEE0FCC567DD.jpeg
    6A60C8D3-9B05-4788-AFDE-AEE0FCC567DD.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 8
I this mcgyver tool from ddm and custom made flywheel remover
Easy fast n safe
You can make adjustment on the timing of the ignition if you shave a small amount on the flywheel keyway with this tool.. there will be a freeplay when you install the flywheel to the crankshft
Mark the current timing marks before you start shaving off ...and just adv or retard the ignition ...5-10degress is more than enough

Sweet clutch tool aziz??
I this mcgyver tool from ddm and custom made flywheel remover
Easy fast n safe
You can make adjustment on the timing of the ignition if you shave a small amount on the flywheel keyway with this tool.. there will be a freeplay when you install the flywheel to the crankshft
Mark the current timing marks before you start shaving off ...and just adv or retard the ignition ...5-10degress is more than enough

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks