Normal to have to change tuning after pipe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokinAl

I had the stock muffler on my 26cc 001 and tuned it a little rich as it's still in break-in mode. I ran it around then changed to the tuned pipe (love the sound difference!!). Anyway, I had to really lean it out to get it to run after installing the pipe. Its still about 1 1/16 out so I think its ok but it wanted a lot more with the stock muffler. Is this normal to have to change the tune so much just from a pipe?

Simple answer - YES.
Once set, it should stay +/- the same - not like nitro.

I've found with a tuned pipe I had to make a bit richer as the engine's breathing better (anti-clockwise a smidgen).
I would be surprised if you have to LEAN for a tuned pipe - screw clockwise a little.

Al.

Last edited:
Ya, I definitely had to lean it out; maybe 1/4 turn. And I'm liking not having to fiddle with it so much like my old nitro!

It would be "on most instances", normal to retune.
But not like nitro which is fluctuates with humidity, fuel, etc, although I still got my 1/8th buggies.

Contrary to what many say, I use airplane fuel, 5%, and is more than enough, regular castrol lubricant. Easy to tune, temps stay happy...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks