not sure which diff to get? HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

hi guys :)

ok decided to get a decent diff.. atm im using this:

http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/pro...alloy-differential-for-1:5-and-1:6-1pce-.html

but im not saure which to upgrade to, i can either get a upgrade kit or buy complete & sell my current one which ive used about 3 times lol.. anyway heres the 2 im looking at but not sure which:

fourfold self locking:
http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/pro...differential-self-locking-fourfold-1pce-.html

and this one which is the adjustable one:
http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/products/fg_8485_05-8485-05-alloy-differential-adjustable-1pce-.html

the one im leaning towards is the fourfold, but if i was to go this one then id just buy the upgrade kit for my current diff, the upgrade kit costs about £100 whereas the complete diff would cost £180

or if i went for the adjustable diff then i'd sell mine & put the coin towards the complete adjustable diff which costs about £90.

The fourfold is much more expensive (nearly double to what the adjustable diff costs) but ive tried a few diffs over the years & tried all sorts to get a decent lock but always ends up running loose with little lock.

So does anyone have any thoughts about this fourfold diff? i know the adjustable one ive read mixed comments about they don't lock properly when the grubs are tightened etc?

like i say if i get the fourfold then i will just buy the upgrade kit as my current diff is pretty much brand new & hardly used so the internals should be spot on. Or if i get the adjustable diff then i will just buy the complete diff & sell my current one.

What ya reckon guys :) ?

ta mate, they look the dogs dangly's... but they gunna cost a bomb :(

im only looking at trying to spend no more than £100 really :( ..even if i sold my current diff for around £50 ..still only leaves me with about £150, pretty sure those ones are gunna be double that at least :s

if you don't want to spend mega money then just buy the parts to upgrade your diff to adjustable much cheaper and you have most of the parts allready

but after speaking to ian oddie and mike1970 they both agreed that the stock open diff in off road works best and anything else is not needed

cheers for info guys, the stock diff & the one iim using now (alloy) has no lock whatsoever so want summit with a bit of lock, so aye guess the conversion to an adjustable one is the way to go :)

ok went for the adjustable complete diff from hobbythek along with a new mb pro shell.. bit pissed off though cuz the clear poly wing is now discontinued for the mb pro! ..they only do em in colours, so held off for now as i want the black one but they dint have it in stock! :( also got a failsafe from hobbythek :)

also just won auction on ebay for 4x MT wheels & tires for £50.

today has been an expensive day...actually week! for me :eek: cuz i also bought a new tx (core rc code 2.4) ..think ive just spent about £350 altogether :( ..but im gunna sell my current diff which i hopefully get round £40-50 for as its hardly used & in A1 condition & gunna sell my old MT wheels/tires & might sell my old sanwa gemini II tx so hopefully will soften the blow a bit lol ^^

no need, im using the elcon extended arms with the mounts that already raise the diff:

18504.jpg

so hopefully do the trick, if not will just put washers, or thin plate to raise whats needed :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks