OBR 30.5 converting to reed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed OBR themselves to see if they can do it in house. I know its a bit of an odd request but it seems like they do custom builds every now and then. All I need them to do is window the piston. Add a 5th port and drill and tap a pulse port somewhere. Hopefully they say yes.

*Edit they said they can do it!!

Last edited:
I emailed OBR themselves to see if they can do it in house. I know its a bit of an odd request but it seems like they do custom builds every now and then. All I need them to do is window the piston. Add a 5th port and drill and tap a pulse port somewhere. Hopefully they say yes.

*Edit they said they can do it!!
Get it done.

Can you get some before and after pics please?

Cheers. Milo. 👍🏽

Get it done.

Can you get some before and after pics please?

Cheers. Milo. 👍🏽
I apologize i made it sound like I already had the engine. Heres a bit of a back story. I ordered an OBR 30.5cc longblock and changed my mind before they fulfilled the order. I originally hit up SRE customs for this mod but I asked OBR themselves if they can do the mods and they said yes. Probably will have additional costs, im waiting on a follow up email as they know 90% of what I need now. The reedvalve itself is my completed "prototype" reedvalve system I spoke about a few months ago but never followed up on here. Ill post pics as soon as I get any of the required stuff in the mail. Im putting on the DLE61 carb on here.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

🤣🤣🤣🤣

price/performance

Why not try to improve the wheel instead of reinvent it. You’ll get amazing results from buying a 320 piston port and doing work on that
The 320 is an amazing engine but I wanted a fallback engine for my FG when I decide to go with something different in my other baja.

Last edited:
Now we’re talking meat and potatoes. What engine would you expect it to be comparable to when your done?
TBH if it can get some wheelie action with 18/56 gearing ill be happy. The FG is lighter then the baja so I know thats gonna be an animal in that RC. Ill have to do some upgrading to the drivetrain when I move it over.

I'm hopeing I can compare it to atleast one of scott finlays designs for half the price.

Pretty sure I've witnessed Z's baja wheelie with an obr 34 reed case... soooo.......?
I've never gotten my 34ss to wheelie but I think it was because of my junk linkage was doing weird things. I bought the yamadude one but waiting on the rest of the steering stuff. I essentially trashed my entire steering setup last time I went out. Im excited to see what I can get it to do not this weekend but next. BTW IDK if you know because its not common knowledge but the G320 doesn't fit in the FG monster. I'm capped at the smaller bore engines which is the true reason why I bought this engine among it being about $250 so.. yeahhh cheap brap is good brap sometimes I guess.

Yes im aware fg's were limited to 26cc atleast the road cars were not sure about other chassis
Yeah its unfortunate. Its actually possible to modify the arearc reedcase to work but thats a build for a later date. Im thinking about talking it over with Sean at OBR and seeing if he will take my Monster in and make a yamadude reedcase work like the AreaRC one does.
The engine isn't your proble , your setup sucks. Mine wheelies no problem on 19/55 and fast af. You need to learn suspension tuning and get decent tires. Power is nothing without setup and control
Yeah I mean I got the hostiles on there but I need to put the fatter ones on there instead. My front shocks are kinda stiff I think I need to get IRCs soon. Also the rear suspension is actually quite nice and plush. Im gonna reinstall the sway bar when I get a chance.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks