OBR 30.5 converting to reed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TBH if it can get some wheelie action with 18/56 gearing ill be happy. The FG is lighter then the baja so I know thats gonna be an animal in that RC. Ill have to do some upgrading to the drivetrain when I move it over.

I'm hopeing I can compare it to atleast one of scott finlays designs for half the price.
lofty goal👍 What are you anticipating the cost to be including the amount of hours you’ll have to build

I understand what your saying and ill say it once don't take this the wrong way but you know you speak a big game and have yet to show anything yet right. The last time you went on like this you were getting quotes on machines to start manufacturing..you went from doing in house stuff to no outsourcing ideas to proven companies. my point is follow through with atleast onething you say your gunna do.

lofty goal👍 What are you anticipating the cost to be including the amount of hours you’ll have to build
I have the rest of the longblock from a older engine so to finish it its basically free. Probably will cost me less then $20 to complete it.
I understand what your saying and ill say it once don't take this the wrong way but you know you speak a big game and have yet to show anything yet right. The last time you went on like this you were getting quotes on machines to start manufacturing..you went from doing in house stuff to no outsourcing ideas to proven companies. my point is follow through with atleast onething you say your gunna do.
Ah I see what you are getting at. Yeah my plans didn't fall through with that whole ordeal. I work too damn much and money finds a place to go. Im already committed with the engine so I pretty much have to follow through with this.

Sorry I just don't get it. Just buy a OBR34 reed case and be done with it . By the time the guys are done doing your piston port reed motor it will cost you at least as much . Will it have as much power as the 34 reed case?
He is only charging me $60 to do full boost porting, windowed piston and carb threading. Im putting this engine in the FG later on so it needed to be 30.5cc. i appreciate the suggestion but it wouldn't work for what I want to do with it

I emailed OBR themselves to see if they can do it in house. I know its a bit of an odd request but it seems like they do custom builds every now and then. All I need them to do is window the piston. Add a 5th port and drill and tap a pulse port somewhere. Hopefully they say yes.

*Edit they said they can do it!!
Just a window in the piston, Not your usual bifold door? 😁

Only thing left to make is the isolator. The prototype will not be usable for a bashing but I have high temperature resin material on the way which should be able to take up to 320f before melting.

Attachments

• 20210508_151018.jpg
    20210508_151018.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210508_154226.jpg
    20210508_154226.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210508_154905.jpg
    20210508_154905.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
First thing I noticed when I saw the post
Some people are just built different. Funny cus only 1 other person noticed it on the FB post. In terms of the isolator block I have to 3d print it, its gonna be a high grade engineering resin that melts at 320f. Hoping this will be enough because if its not I can always cast with tabletop resin which won't melt even if you stick it in a furnace. It will be reinforced with metal inserts to prevent cracking.

Finished design of the engine isolator "However I feel like I might still need to reinforce it with brass even know its a rock solid piece". Testing this engineering resin from Siraya Tech with gasoline and heat. Seems to be taking it so far but if it fails ill have to go make a 3d printed mold and use casting resin instead.

I wont be able to make many contributions to this for a few weeks maybe. Dealing with complications with a family member who got the Covid shot. Its not looking good...

Attachments

• dcce1b9c992290d1c03c2d644a1c4374.png
    dcce1b9c992290d1c03c2d644a1c4374.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 58896799b649993b4b4c5ba0b03cf82e.png
    58896799b649993b4b4c5ba0b03cf82e.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210515_195224.jpg
    20210515_195224.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 4
Finished design of the engine isolator "However I feel like I might still need to reinforce it with brass even know its a rock solid piece". Testing this engineering resin from Siraya Tech with gasoline and heat. Seems to be taking it so far but if it fails ill have to go make a 3d printed mold and use casting resin instead.

I wont be able to make many contributions to this for a few weeks maybe. Dealing with complications with a family member who got the Covid shot. Its not looking good...
Good luck with your family. Everything else can wait.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks