Obr motor high compression

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Losi125

I have an obr 34cc full mod on a losi 5t and I have been through about 6 pull starts had to change the fly wheel because the paws teeth had worn just slightly I'm getting a killer rc metal rope pullstart to see if that will hold up better.nothing is binding when I remove the spark plug flywheel turns freely just been having bad luck with the pull starts. I'm almost ready to purchase a regular 32 zenoah just so I won't have the hassle.what do you guys think ?

my obr34v2 is fine on pull starts in my 5ive.....and its got mega compression..:p...it snaps bak out my hand if I`m not holding it tight....:cool:..never killed a pull start yet.....(y)...tbh them metal ones r trouble as the metal cord cuts into the plastics and kills em off even quiker....from what I`ve read....(y)...if u deo sale it I know sumone who will b interested in it...;)...or better still I could do u a deal on my scott finlay g32 pro-mx if u want....:cool:this one...http://mmrmodeltech.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_60&product_id=284

Last edited:
no worries.:cool:...I had the chance to buy a scott finlay g34 reed freshly rebuilt..o_O..but I couldn't justify the 400 quid..:rolleyes:.even though that's very cheap.....so I went with the obr34 he had.......(y)....but I`m glad I did ......9.4bhp or so obr say....either way it flys...:cool:..as do my Baja with that scott finlay g32.....

Does anyone have any experience wth the turtle racing pull start if you have one what are the pros and cons

The TR pullstart is a POS. Steve at DDM tried to warn me about it before i bought mines. I didnt listen cause they look so cool and shiny. Yep, mines broke on the 1rst break in tank. Luckily Steve didnt bust my balls, he took it back. What i don't understand is they know the TR has a bad cog spring in it that keeps breaking, but they keep selling the pullstarts over and over again.Forgot to mention before steve took it back, he sent me out a new cog spring that broke as well.
As for the high compression on the obr engine, i had the same problems. The only thing that helped me was loosening up the spark plug first. I own a obr 32 reed case with all the works. Paid 580 for it. Put it in my losi 5B. Next i replaced my stock 23 that came in my Dbxl with a stock zenoah 29. Lined them up and the obr was only a hair faster. Their inflated hp numbers they post are over rated at best. Lets see.... A $580 ported,polished, reed case motor only beats a $219 stock motor by a few feet....waste of money to me. I'll never buy another obr engine again. And their customer service sucks. Wouldnt send me out a new pullstart although theres broke before i could get their engine broke in. They basically told me it was my fault and that I should purchase the TR pullstart.....

More HP doesn't necessarily mean more speed. Depends on the gears you are running. Yes, with stock gears or even 19/54s you aren't going to see a big difference. But put 24/50 gears on a stock engine and it will barely move on take off. Put the same gears on a 9.5hp obr and see the difference HP makes

I made a newb mistake with all the pull starts I broke I had loctite build up on one of the screw holes and it was preventing the screw from fully going in .it would get tight but it wasn't flush so it was damaging the pull start it was also damaging the fly wheel prongs so I had to replace the flywheel also once I ran a longer screw through to clear out any loctite everything was good So far no more pull start issues

I wanna buy another car seriously looking a an obr 30.5 or a ddm esp 30.5.
Depends on the gears you are running
this is very important you will notice a massive difference of. a stock motor with the right combo will kick. and like what was said bigger pinion smaller spur better top end needs more power to pull off(y)
so these motors are more hopefully worth the extra $

Last edited:
What do you guys think of lightened fly wheel does it stress the engine did it make a noticeable difference in speed, torque will you ever try it again is it worth it or is it too much problems

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks