oddified ecu your thoughts please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renbar

im looking into one of these ecus not sure why i don't race only play and bash, but now im only running a 23cc zenoah in my beetle im interested in seeing how mental i can make it just by using the standard engine just using bolt on bits, i like the idea of 15 ignition maps also handy tool for setting gearing clutchs ect some people say that they add 1+bhp but i don't belive that and ive spoken to ian at oddified he told me that it will add between 0.25 0.5bhp but he said that it will make a massive difference across the rev range. what do you guys think any body run one anybody thinking the same as me or is there better ways of more power ive done the carb done the pipe don't want to play with the lump its got to stay 23cc standard zenoah

it would be somewhat overkill if your not racing. from my understanding its designed for those hard core tuners. that doesn't mean you wont make use of it, but maybe just not as much as the guy at the track may each weekend.

but if your not/cant work on the motor, your ignition is the last option besides gearing to get ore/less out of it. well that and a different tuned pipe.

overkills good its like a marine fg marder/beetle be all you can be,but i hear were youre coming from i cam work on the motor it my choice to leave it just out of interest im going to build somthing a bit tasty at some point in the future working on the bottom end now.the pipe is 150% staying its without doubt the best in my opinion i will be getting into changes or gearing at some point but its working well with 19/46 16/48.i feel i must have the ecu just because they make one its mega cool and when i get a new kill switch build my engine up fit the ecu im looking into nos then happy bashing

a lot use the ecu's in the uk brca lsor national series
and i must admit they seam to make a huge difference
they def add more power but they also make the biggest difference when added to a standard engine

well ive got one a second hand mk1 version first impresions looks very nice solid little box just 2 wires to do into the kill switch wires as it gets its power from the coil once running ive not tryed it yet just fitting it out this afternoon waiting for wagon then going to have a testing sesion just to see difference fitted not fitted ect 5 laps of our local park with it on then of should do it will post results later

tested ecu about a tank of petrol run using ecu works realy well loads of data now know when my clutch engages what peak revs im hitting ect the car seemed to launch of the line like a whippet you can notice the extra power without a doubt few runs with and a couple without car also sounds different with it on loader more angry sounding so far im happy just got to send it of to ian oddie to get my details uploaded on to it and the latest software put on

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks